Herbs have been used since immemorial times in countless cooking stews. Usually we associate them with salty dishes, but we must not forget the sweet side of herbs and their use in desserts. With herbs, we can produce a long list of recipes for cakes, give a unique touch to desserts and also benefit from their nutritional properties.
Among the most important herbs for desserts are: anise, mint, peppermint, orange, basil, thyme, wild thyme, rosemary, lemon balm, marjoram, angelica, rue, sage, wormwood less henna, lime, horehound, mallow, hawthorn knapweed, yarrow, etc.
Here are some recipes that you can do with herbs:
Corn cakes with herbs
- 85 grams of yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 / 2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 55 grams of grated Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp finely of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp finely of chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven. In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Make a hole in the center of the cornmeal mixture. Add milk and melted butter to the cornmeal mixture, stirring to combine.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the pan and make 4 or 5 patties of equal size. Fry the first side for 4 minutes, until edges are dark golden brown. Flip the patties and cook 4 minutes more, until golden brown. Drain patties on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Place the dumplings in a baking dish and put Swiss cheese over them. Grill until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and cilantro. Serve.
- 600 g of anise infusion
- 400g of Filtered water
- 100 grams of sugar syrup
- Mix the ingredients and put in the refrigerator until desired consistency.
Anise Ice cream
- 300g of Infusion of anise (anise with water)
- 250g of Fresh milk (can be soy)
- 150g of Brown sugar
- 250g of Cream or buttermilk
- 5g of Neutral stabilizer
- Heat the milk and cream, add sugar with the neutral stabilizer, cool for 2 hours and add an infusion of anise.
- Freeze for 3 hours but during this, beat at least 5 times of 20 minutes each, so that the ice cream can be formed.
- 2 liters of alcohol of 78 º
- 5 grams of each of the following herbs: thyme, wild thyme, rosemary, mint, lemon balm, marjoram, angelica, rue, sage, wormwood less henna, lime, horehound, mallow, hawthorn knapweed, yarrow and mace (aril of nutmeg).
- Put all the herbs macerated in alcohol for ten days. Filter and add 1 kilo of sugar and 1 liter of alcohol at 90 º.
- Leave for one week and then add half a pint of good mineral water, filtered and bottled. You have to wait two months to use it; it is a very strong liquor of green color that should be very cold in small glasses and is very aromatic.
- 1/2 liter of water
- 150 grams of mint
- 3 packets of gelatin
- Wash mint, blanch a few seconds and cool in ice water to stop cooking and retard oxidation.
- Blend with a little water, add the gelatin to a small amount of fluid heated in the microwave, avoiding any boils and dissolve. Mix and pass through a fine sieve.
- 1/2 k of whole flour
- 75 g of butter
- 2.5 dl of water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 150 ml of water
- 150 g of sugar
- Splash of anise
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Mix the baking powder with the flour in a large bowl, beat the butter adding sugar and anise. Add water and flour gradually. Knead by hand until it does not stick in your hands. Cover and let rest in a dry place for 30 minutes.
- Form large donuts of 10 inch and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Bake in preheated 200 ° C for 20 minutes until completely dry. Remove and let cool completely.
- Make a syrup, cook sugar, water and anise in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spatula until you get a strong consistency.
- Dip each bagel with the hot syrup. Let cool a few minutes to eat.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Desserts and licours with herbs
You have not found what you were looking for?