Manioc (cassava) flour is a kind of plant with which we prepare all kinds of dishes like soups, biscuits, breads, etc.. It is a very nutritious food and also contains no gluten, so gluten intolerant (celiac) people can consume it. It is rich in B vitamins, vitamin C and rich in minerals like potassium, iron and calcium. Digestive, emollient and astringent properties. Note: These recipes can contain ingredients other than gluten.
Fresh coconut tapioca
- 4 tablespoons of tapioca
- 2 tablespoons of dried coconut
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 / 4 pint of soy milk
- Put tapioca, sugar, coconut and milk in a small pot.
- Mix well all together and simmer for 5 minutes or until you see it thickens.
- During cooking, stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the mixture into four glasses half full, and enter it in the fridge to cool it.
- You can put a jam, I've put some loquat in syrup.
Tapioca and chocolate cake
- 1 envelope of instant custard powder
- Brown sugar
- 2 1 / 2 cups (5oo ml.) of skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca express
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp. of liquid vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons (20 gr.) Of unsweetened cocoa powder (for celiacs, use chocolate SG).
- In a bowl, mix the powder, the thief, sweetener and milk. Add the tapioca. Mix. Cover and place in a microwave oven (power 750 W) for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Mix in egg and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the preparation and cook uncovered 1 minute. Mix again and let stand 20 minutes.
- Cover surface of food cake with elastic film to prevent the formation of a scab. Serve warm or cold.
for 4 people
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- 750 grams of chocolate (if you are celiac, use chocolate SG)
- 5 eggs
- 750 ccs of milk
- 150 grams of tapioca
- 1 dash of vanilla
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- With a little milk, melt chocolate.
- Stir in the milk and remaining sugar.
- When boiled, add tapioca gradually, and vanilla.
- Stir continuously for 20 minutes.
- Before cool, pour the egg whites until stiff.
- Put, sugar in a pan and let brown.
- Cook in a bain marie.
- Serve cold.
Tapioca and anise cream
- 180 grams of condensed milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 liter of soy milk
- 100 grams of tapioca
- 5 egg yolks
- Essence of anise and sesame seeds for garnish
- Put milk on low heat, add condensed milk, vanilla and condensed milk when this is dissolved add the yolks, milk should not be too hot because the heads are strands.
- Move with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking for 20 minutes. When you put milk on the fire, the tapioca is then soaked with the water.
- Finally, remove excess water to the tapioca and add milk, essence of anise and is still moving for 10 minutes or until the tapioca is transparent. Serve cold.
About the author