Seborrheic dermatitis, also known as seborrheic eczema, is a common skin disorder, which is not only a health but a cosmetic problem. This is a chronic disease which manifests as an inflammation of the skin areas where are a greater number of sebaceous glands, such as the scalp, one of the worst affected areas.
Seborrheic dermatitis Symptoms
- Reddish scalp covered with yellowish greasy scales.
- Inflammation of the scalp.
- Itching, moderate and intermittent.
- Shouldn't be confused with dandruff or seborrhea. The dermatitis present a flaky scalp with inflammation (dandruff doesn't present inflammation). On the other hand, seborrhea is characterized by excessive fat in the scalp, there is no redness and scaling, as seen in seborrheic dermatitis. People with seborrhea seborrheic dermatitis may develop these symptoms, but not always.
- Babies, from 2 weeks to 12 weeks, usually have seborrheic dermatitis which is somewhat normal, where a scaly layer appears.
Seborrheic dermatitis may last a long time and come back spontaneously.
Causes of Seborrheic dermatitis
- A poor diet, low consumption of fresh vegetables, abuse of low-quality products and processed, fried foods, dairy, sugar and refined flour that only generate accumulation of toxins in the body, causing the skin to demineralize, weaken and affected.
- Voltage: too much stress is a major factor in the problems of skin and scalp. The pores of the skin and hair, by excessive tension, close and doesn't allow the natural release of the fat and skin's natural oils to the surface, which generates layers of fat.
- Poor hygiene of scalp.
Natural treatment for dermatitis on the scalp
The creams and ointments do not help much if the problem is not attacked at the root. The medication usually only handle a problem or a symptom, not really cure, but weak defenses and self-healing capacity of the body.
Intestinal health: the dermatitis is a skin problem which must be treated, as in any skin condition, from the intestines. While the intestines are not functioning properly, harmful toxins and body fat will be reabsorbed by the blood and skin will be forced to eliminate these toxins and cause a number of imbalances. Our diet should exclude processed foods, sugars and white flour or refined and all its derivatives such as sodas, cookies, pastries, etc.
Fried foods and sausages should also be removed from the diet because of their amount of toxins. The sausages contain substances like additives, preservatives, dyes, etc., which are severe for the health of the skin. In addition to these foods, cow's milk must also be replaced from the diet for vegetable milks rich in minerals.
You should include in the diet: vegetable oil and milk, juice and fresh vegetable salad, often include celery, carrots, alfalfa, tomato, onions and raw garlic.
Garlic is one of the best foods to combat skin problems. Take a garlic before breakfast or at night as a medicine to combat and eradicate dermatitis.
Drink plenty of water: It helps to evacuate toxins efficiently and the skin will be well moisturized.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALYerba Mate: Preparation, Properties and more
Tension: It is necessary to lower the states of tension, irritation and anxiety in the person, so that the skin and scalp can relax and allow the free flow of natural oils. Therefore, it is necessary to perform activities such as yoga, tai chi, etc., to help unload the body. Bioenergy massages can help too.
Apply green clay: excellent natural remedy to combat dermatitis. Apply on the scalp three or four times a week.
Mix a little cactus or aloe juice with ½ cup of pure water. Apply on your scalp all over, like shampoo. Leave it on ten minutes. Rinse and wash your hair as usual.
Fito-therapy: the dandelion is one of the best herbs to combat seborrheic dermatitis. Make a tea and rinse your hair with this every time you wash your hair, making sure the water is distributed on your scalp.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
If you have the sea nearby, do not hesitate to take a bath on it. The sea water is one of the best therapies to combat scalp dermatitis.
The sun's rays are also a natural medicine for seborrheic dermatitis. Perform sunbathing five minutes in your scalp, trying to get sunlight of early morning.
The natural shampoo with honey and propolis can help to naturally fade the dermatitis on the scalp.
Consume foods rich in vegetable protein such as avocado, amaranth, peanuts, etc.
About the author