Depression is a mood that can result from various causes, but can be helped and even cured through a special diet which includes foods rich in anti-depressant properties as listed below:
- Foods rich in serotonin: which is a neurotransmitter that has an active influence on depression. This neurotransmitter is found in the blood and is responsible for granting a pleasant feeling and welfare. One of its greatest advantages is that also reduce the desire of eating flour (cookies, bread, etc.), sweets, etc. People with low serotonin levels have a tendency to depression, tend to have more desire to eat sweet and thus gain weight. So you should include these foods in your daily diet.
- Foods rich in vitamin C (ascorbic acid): This vitamin helps maintain a strong immune system, which helps to absorb better the nutrients and prevent malnutrition, a cause of depression. In addition, helps to fight depression and helps bipolar people in recovery. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits (lemon, grapefruit, orange, etc.), strawberry, pineapple, cranberry, goji berry, vegetables such as garlic, onion, broccoli, etc., and nuts.
- Foods rich in tryptophan, is known as the amino acid of pleasure and a relaxant. It is the precursor of serotonin, and you can find in garlic, onions, cabbage, tomato, squash, beans, mango, fish, beans, etc.
- Foods rich in vitamin B12 (cobalamin), a vitamin important in function and nervous system balance. Clams, tuna, sardines, salmon, chicken liver, eggs, etc. are some foods rich in vitamin B12, vegetarians include: wheat germ, brewer's yeast, amaranth, seaweed, etc. Vegans, who consume no animal products, should be careful that their diet is not low vitamin B12, in this case is encouraged to consume fortified cereals or vitamin B12.
- Foods rich in folate, a vitamin that helps promote the formation of red blood cells and prevent anemia, and that promotes heart health and prevent and combat depression. This is found in carrots, apples, tomatoes, pears, almonds, peppers, potatoes, etc. Depressed people have very low levels of folic acid so do not hesitate to include these foods in your diet. In adults, the recommended daily intake is of 350 mcg to 400 mcg of folic acid.
- Foods rich in phenylalanine, this amino acid is found in protein foods like eggs, fish, legumes (chickpeas, lentils, beans, soybeans, etc.).
- Minerals: magnesium and potassium, which positively affect the nervous system, help to regulate its functions and balance. Lack of magnesium causes, among other things, fatigue and muscle and heart malfunction. Magnesium can be found in whole grains (oats, wheat, amaranth, etc.), spinach, rice, pineapple, papaya, oranges, radishes, etc.
- Pollen: a special food which is full of energy and vitality. Contains revitalizing and purifying elements, and provides special effects in the body. While consuming it, many people experience comfort for life. The pollen helps rejuvenate, strengthen the immune system and increase resistance to fatigue.
Undesirable food: if you suffer from depression, you should do everything possible to avoid white sugar products (sodas, candy, etc.) as this product irritates and weakens the nervous system considerably; it is one of the main causes of depression and nervous conditions.
FASTING: Garlic is in the top of the list of the best foods to combat depression. So, to start the day, while fasting, take a clove of fresh garlic with a glass of warm water. Garlic is full of vitamins and mineral substances very effective in combating depression, is one of the best antidepressant.
BREAKFAST: Take papaya, pear or banana with pollen, or make a smoothie with almond milk, papaya, one tablespoon of pollen, honey and oatmeal to taste. Blend and drink slowly.
FOOD: choose your stew, preferably fish or chicken, but accompany it with a salad or fresh vegetable juice. Often include carrots, alfalfa, broccoli, cabbage and tomato. You can also often include rice.
DINNER: Miso soup or rice, or vegetable broth not too cooked or steamed, vegetables salad.
BEFORE SLEEP: fresh squeezed apple or pear juice, or eat them.
Fruits should not be combined with food, so eat them between meals. The grapes and mangoes are great for snacking.
- A slice of mango or papaya
- A spoonful of rice syrup or honey
- A spoonful of pollen
- A spoonful of oatmeal
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Blend all and drink without strain, sip slowly.
Remember to exercise daily to make your body well oxygenated and full of energy. Exercise releases stress and emotional states that could cause depression.
The best of Health
Products related with Depression, diet and food to relieve it
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?