Published: 06/23/2008 - Updated: 08/20/2016
Although often believed that being a vegetarian is going hungry, starved and unsatisfied with food, i.e. food without meat is not enjoyable as "normal", it is proven that if you have a varied and complete diet, with food based on a good combination of fruits, vegetables and cereals, you are not only doing a diet that provides all the vitamins, minerals, proteins and nutrients you need, increasing your welfare, health, and vitality, but the food you eat can be really delicious. And here we check! With a series of recipes that we suggest for you to start the day with lots of energy and good taste...
We recommend, in general, always using food as fresh as possible, preferably organic to prevent your body has overworked releasing unnecessary elements in your body as irritants insecticides, excess hormones, lack of cleanliness, and so on.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 slices of bread or pita bread
- Virgin olive oil
- 1 orange
- Brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts
- Toast some bread slice and before it cools, pour over it a little olive oil.
- Cut orange in two and squeeze on toast directly from the juice.
- Then pour sugar and cinnamon
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Serve at once.
- Accompany this breakfast with yogurt and chopped fruit, Delicious!
Pancakes of banana or mango
Serves : 4-6 people
- Flour pancakes ( 4-6 )
- A cup of oatmeal
- Half a cup of soy milk
- Honey bee
- Olive oil
- A mango or a ripe banana (pick a fruit)
- Prepare pancakes as it comes in the box
- Put the dough in a blender and add the oats, soy milk and fruit choice
- Grind well, the dough is not too light nor too heavy. If too light, add a splash of soy milk. If too watery, add a little more flour.
- In a hot, greased skillet, add a tablespoon of the dough. At that time, sprinkle sesame.
- Let the dough is cooked like a hot cake. Turn. Repeat this until the dough is finished.
- Once ready, bathe with honey, maple syrup or jam ( try to be sugar free) ... Delicious .
Bread in tomato
Serves: 4 people
- 500 grams of bread ( roll in Mexico )
- 7 Garlic cloves
- Two red tomatoes
- A liter of vegetable stock
- 100 grams of tofu or fresh cheese
- Buttermilk or plain yogurt without sugar (optional )
- A pinch of brown sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Break the bread, of the previous day better, in small pieces. In some bakeries sold already cut to make crumbs.
- Put the bread in a large pan and sprinkle with a little boiling salted water. Watering carefully crumbs, do not soak .
- Cover well to soften all the hot steam, and let stand for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, break some unpeeled garlic with a light tap on the wooden board. You can also make a small slit with a knife. This will prevent jump while you fry.
- In a frying pan with oil brown the garlic over low heat to medium. Once browned, add the soaked crumbs. You must be careful not to stick, stir constantly to brown and fry well, but not resected . There is no exact time, but estimated around an hour for that half a kilo of bread.
- Be sure to stir carefully to prevent sticking. And always with the heat.
- At the moment they are loose and gold, but juicy, turn off the heat.
- In another pan , with salt and pepper liquefy tomatoes. Add a liter of vegetable broth , a pinch of sugar and bring to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, pour all the crumbs and serve immediately.
- Accompany this delicious dish and decorate with a little buttermilk over fresh cheese or tofu.
Yield: 4 servings
- 50 g of rye flakes
- 110 gr of rolled oats
- 30 g of raw sunflower seeds
- 25g of chopped raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (can substitute for honey )
- 3 pinches of cinnamon
- 50 g of raisins
- 50g of chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine rye, oats, sunflower seeds and almonds. Meanwhile, put the oil slightly warm (only slightly warm) next to maple and cinnamon, and add to the contents of the bowl above, stirring gently to take all flavors .
- In a baking dish, extend all, and bake at 160 º C for approximately 15 minutes, or until you see that is subtly golden and crisp. Try moving the mixture each time, to brown on all sides equally, and does not stick.
- When removed, add the apricots and raisins and let cool.
French toast with apple pita
Serves: 4 people
- 4 slices of pita bread
- Two eggs
- A splash of milk
- The juice of an orange
- Two tiny diced apples
- Powder Brown Sugar
- Honey or jam to taste
- In a bowl, mix the egg, milk, a little oil and orange. Beat until it becomes frothy egg.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar with the cinnamon . Integrate well
- In a large bowl, soak the bread very well with the egg. If you want , cut bread with a fork to mix better absorption.
- In a hot pan, add the bread and fry a little. Before turning, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir-fry the other side until lightly browned bread (not fried )
- Decorate top with diced apples and bathed in honey .