The prickly pears are an ingredient in salads, juices, stews and even desserts in the Mexican diet. One of the most common ways to prepare them is roasted and stewed with zucchini and meat.
In Mexico, the cactus or prickly pear is very accessible, and as an ingredient in cooking is very yielder, so using it not only will nourish your body with all its properties but also will watch your economy.
But this nutritious plant can be used in countless recipes to sample, the following recipes.
Prickly Pear Soup
- 500 grams of tomato puree
- 100 grams of diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 800 grams of cooked prickly pears
- 1 liter of beef stock
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh cheese or gratin
- Cream or fresh cream
- In a pan, heat two tablespoons of oil and fry the onion until transparent.
- Add the flour and quickly moves to integrate.
- Add the tomato puree, season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- When it begins to thicken, add the beef stock and rectify the seasoning. Integrate cooked prickly peara and boil 10 minutes.
- To serve, put cream cheese on plates and hot soup .
Prickly pear bread
- 4 prickly pears, cleaned
- 1 cup of corn oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of whole wheat organic flour
- 2 tablespoons of royal
- 5 eggs
- Raisins or nuts for garnish, floured
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 ° C and grease a baking dish.
- Grind pears in blender with the oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, place the flour with the royal, and pour the mixture within the liquefied.
- Stir until all is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and place the raisins or nuts on the surface.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Prickly pear smoothie with pineapple
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of water
- 2 servings of prickly pears chunks (what you take with the fingertips or to taste)
- 3 pieces of celery, if possible with bull and fungi.
- 2 servings of spinach or parsley leaves
- Place ingredients in blender and blend, about 40 seconds, or until it looks well blended. Optionally, you can add pieces of apple and green cucumber.
- You can sweeten it with honey if you like.
Prickly pears salad
- 1 kilo of prickly pears
- 1 onion, halved
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 large tomatoes chopped to taste
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 chopped green chilies
- Clean prickly pears and scrape out all the thorns carefully.
- Once cleaned, cut into strips and put to boil for about 45 minutes in boiling water with the halved onion and salt.
- After this time, drain and mix with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
Potatoes with prickly pears
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 prickly pears
- 1 cup of green tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1 green pepper
- You must grill pears, clean under running water and cut into strips. Then cut the potatoes into cubes and then put them in a skillet or saucepan, add ½ cup water.
- Liquefy the remaining ingredients with peppers and green tomatoes. Then incorporate all the cactus and potatoes with a pinch of salt and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve as a side dish.
The best of Recipes with vegetables
You have not found what you were looking for?