Sometimes dietary choices are made out of physiological need (either to lose weight, to control high cholesterol levels, etc.). Other times, choices are made to defend some sort of dietary ideology (discomfort regarding the way our foods are sacrificed, ingredient choices that exert less of a toll on the environment, etc.), and other times it is simply a matter of taste (some people don’t like the way tomatoes taste, or they prefer vegetables to the irony taste of meat). Whichever diet you choose, we all need to eat, either with our families, or at a restaurant. Of course, there are also those individuals that simply want to make their own food. For these individuals, I’m going to give you a few vegan dessert recipes that don’t use any sort of animal product. I hope you find them to be useful, fun and delicious. Share your experience with us. You are now cordially invited to enjoy dinner.
Banana Oatmeal Cake
- 2 ½ c. rolled oats
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. oil (coconut, canola, etc.)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 c. Apple sauce
- ¼ c. plant-based milk (almond, soy, oatmeal, etc.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- Process 2 cups of the oatmeal into a fine powder, similar to flour. If you don’t have a food processor you can also use a blender to blend your oats.
- In a bowl, mix the previously prepared oatmeal flour, half a cup of the remaining oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Use a spoon to spread all the ingredients around evenly.
- In a deep bowl, add the oil, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, apple sauce, and the two bananas. Crush the bananas into a thick puree. Don’t worry it it’s still a bit lumpy, this will give the mixture some texture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the previous mixture and slowly mix together into a thick and uniform dough.
- Lastly, add the chopped walnuts. You could also add chocolate chips, chopped almonds, or dried fruit.
- Grease your cake pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and gently tap the pan on the countertop to make sure all the mixture is evenly spread about.
- Bake at 180? C for approximately 30-40 minutes. When inserting a toothpick of small knife into the middle of the cake, it should come out clean, when ready.
- Once cool, remove from the pan and serve with banana and oats.
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 150 grams soft tofu
- ½ c. sugar
- 600 mL. vanilla flavored soy milk
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- Start by making the caramel with ¾ c. sugar. Place the sugar in a very clean pan to prevent it from crystalizing: heat on medium heat.
- Pour the caramel into the pan you’re planning on cooking the flan in. Cover the bottom entirely. Allow to set until hard.
- In a blender, add the water, soft tofu, sugar, and vanilla flavored soy milk. If you can’t get this milk, you can simply add vanilla to your milk.
- Dilute the cornstarch to prevent it from forming chunks in the mixture.
- Add the cornstarch to the blender and blend until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the flan mixture to the pan that you put the caramel into. Cover with aluminum foil and place in a double boiler.
- Bake at 180? C for approximately 45 minutes until the flan is cooked.
Chocolate Spice Vegan Mousse
- 150 grams. unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 600 grams soft tofu
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. plant-based milk (almond, soy, rice, etc.)
- Melt the chocolate. You can make a double boiler or cook it in the microwave for a maximum of 20 second intervals, to prevent it from burning.
- Place the tofu in a thin cloth and squeeze to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the soft tofu in with the sugar, vanilla extract, paprika, cinnamon powder, lemon zest, salt and plant-based milk. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Lastly, add the melted chocolate into the tofu mixture.
- Pour into individual bowls or into a large bowl and refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve once cold and once it has become creamy. You can serve with strawberries or raspberries.
The best of World Cuisine
Products related with Delicious and Simple Vegan Desserts
You have not found what you were looking for?