Published: 05/19/2006 - Updated: 06/16/2016
Author: Prof. Dr. Luis Ruiz-García
Next Saturday, 20th at 10:00 am at IFEZA, a meeting of associations of producers of organic products and companies from different regions of Spain and Portugal will be held within the actions from the Council of Zamora for the development of organic agriculture in our province.
These days are aimed at organic producers and all those interested in this production system as an alternative to the conventional system.
The conference is divided into two panels, the first of which involves associations of Andalusia, Catalonia and Rioja which are integrated into the Spanish Federation of Environmental Business Products (FEPECO). This is a professional non-profit national organization that voluntarily joined any request for defense, representation and promotion of the interests of Spanish companies that produce or process and market certified organic products officially.
The second roundtable involves cooperatives and associations of organic producers and consumers of Castile and Leon, where they will hear the experience of different producers on different aspects of production, processing and marketing.
The conference will be inaugurated by the Deputy of the Department of Agriculture and Livestock of the Provincial Council, Vicente Arturo Blonde and President of Organic Agriculture in Castilla y León, Juan Senovilla Senovilla.
Days of organic production in Zamora, 2006
“Associations as a basis for the promotion of organic agriculture”
Day: Saturday May 20th
Organizers: Council of Zamora
Collaboration: Caja Rural
10:00 Presentation of the Conference
10:45 Roundtable: Structuring the field of organic agriculture in Spain. Projects and initiatives.
Speakers: Representatives of FEPECO (Spanish Federation of Enterprises with organic product)
- D. Tomas Gomez Artigas. Vice President ARPAECO (Rioja)
- D. Tomas Redondo. Vice President APECPAE (Catalonia)
- D. Francisco Robles Rubio. President of EPEA (Spain)
- D. Juan Bolaños Jury. EPEA Manager (Spain)
12:30 Coffee Break
13:00 Roundtable "Associations of producers and consumers of Castile and Leon"
- D. Emilio Alba Martinez. Technical Cooperative Arae
- D. Puente Ángel González. President of the Organic Consumers Association Burgalese. The Pantry Biological
- D. Urban Escape Gonzalez. Representative of the Association of Ecological Producers Lion-sur
- D. Carlos Andres Caminero. President of the Association of Producers and Consumers in Palencia"
- D. José Martín Prieto. President of the Association of Ecological Producers of Zamora. Agroecology "
Council of Zamora
About the author