Do you think cooking with flowers is something new? Not really. Cooking with flowers was already performed by ancient cultures such as the Roman, Greek and Hindu centuries. The culinary use of flowers may be because, in addition to a pleasant taste and aroma, make it really attractive food, providing color, design, fresh and unusual flavors.
Countless flowers are used in the kitchen, some of the main are the pink magnolia, violet, carnation, jasmine, orange blossom, mallow, marjoram, nasturtium, pansy, pumpkin, Jamaica, etc . All of them are used freshly cut and cultured in special greenhouses that have no insecticides.
Here are some recipes with flowers so you can surprise your discerning diners.
Important note: do not under any circumstances consume flowers of florist floral shops as are added preservatives which are actually toxic to our food. The best thing is that we sow and we cut the flowers in our garden or in a flowerpot. If this is not possible, find special flowers to eat.
Cheese with zucchini flowers (stew)
- 1 or 2 zucchini flowers per guest, depending on size
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 anchovy fillet per flower
- manchego cheese or mozzarella
- Open flowers and gently clean under the tap.
- Prepare a dough (batter) with milk, flour, salt and yeast.
- Set in the middle of each flower a piece ( size 1 swab ) mozzarella and 1 anchovy fillet or some anchovies and cream flower wrap like a parcel .
- Place the packets in the dough to wrap well, and catch them with a spoon fry in hot oil.
- Serve immediately accompanied by rice.
Chamomile flower ice cream (dessert)
- 2 and 1/2 dl of cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 grams of brown sugar
- 1 deciliter of water
- Infusion of 15 grams of chamomile flowers
- 2 dl of water
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAnti-cellulite massages
- Prepare an infusion with chamomile and 2 dl of water, let cool.
- Prepare by boiling sugar syrup with 1 deciliter of water for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks, gradually add the syrup and beat.
- Add chamomile infusion casting, stirring well.
- Add whipped cream , a small amount first and then the rest of the cream carefully.
- Pour into a mold, cover and into the freezer at least 6 hours.
- Make balls with special apparatus and serve.
Vegetarian Tataqui with mustard and nasturtium flower
Yield: 6 people
- 1 kg of thick vegetarian meat (can be chicken, ham , etc.)
- 2 oranges
- The juice of an orange ( to inject soy meat )
- 1 liter of soy sauce
- 5 dl of sherry vinaigrette
- sweet wine 5 dl
- 25 g of fresh ginger
- 25 g of black pepper
- 200 g of mustard
- 30 nasturtium flowers
- Inject soy meat with orange juice.
- Sauté soy meat a very hot pan.
- Mix in a bowl the soy sauce, vinegar, fragrant , orange peel , ginger and pepper.
- Enter in this soy meat and leave a minimum of 12 hours.
- Presentation: Cut meat into thin slices and arrange soy on a plate. As a garnish , serve mustard and nasturtium flowers. Garnish the leaves with a vinaigrette made with marinade, vinegar, sherry and old extra virgin olive oil. Serve with mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALThe quality of your blood and Youth
- One liter of soy milk
- Vanilla Slice
- Brown sugar
- Natural Grenetina corresponding to a liter of milk ( depending on brand)
- 24 fresh rose petals
- Juice of 2 lemons
- One cup of white wine (optional )
- Vanilla cream to taste
- Boil a liter of milk with vanilla slice, half of the rose petals and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the gelatin and boil over medium heat a few minutes. Stir well to dissolve the gelatin.
- Turn off and let sit. Then add the wine and lemon, pour into the mold or molds , and let cool.
- Once warm, add the rest of the rose petals over, immersing a bit.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top and put in the refrigerator immediately.
Rose whipped cream (dessert)
- 1 liter of cream
- yolks 200g
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- c / s attar
- 150 grams of brown sugar
- Develop a regular custard.
- Add at the end and the low temperature rose essence to keep its aroma.
- Let stand 24 hours.
- Assemble and place and shape desired.
- Freeze and reserve well for further service.
Cold Soup Of Roses
- 11/2 Dozens of Red Roses
- 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/ 2 cup of cream
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of Rose Water
- Salt, to taste
- Separate the petals, remove the yellow, wash and drain perfectly.
- Heat in water until tender and the water is stained red.
- Remove from heat and blend them with the rest, season to taste
- Cool the soup until ready to serve.
- Roses can be used color you want , but keep in mind that the darker give more intense and slightly bitter taste.
About the author