Taking advantage of seasonal products can be one of the best alternatives to implement in the kitchen and some of the advantages to using seasonal products are that they are cheaper and they also provide the vitamins and nutrients we need for the Autumn and Winter months. Pumpkins, aubergine (eggplant), sweet potato, spinach, cauliflower, etc. are seasonal vegetables. Vegetables are great for preparing a variety of delicious dishes that you will not regret including in your cooking.
Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of Grated Manchego cheese
- 1 cup of Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 3 cups of spinach
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into thin slices.
- Wash and disinfect the spinach, remove the stems and cook for a few minutes in boiling salted water, drain, and chop coarsely.
- Grease a pan with butter and place a layer of potato, cover with spinach, grated cheese and whipping cream, continue to make these layers ending with a layer of sweet potato slices.
- Place in the oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until the potato is tender and has a golden color.
Courgette (Zucchini) Quiche
For the pastry:
- 200 gr. of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 Egg
- 25 ml. of water
- 100 gr. of Butter
- ½ tsp. of salt
For the filling:
- 150 gr. of Manchego Cheese
- 250 ml. of cream
- 2-3 Courgettes (Zucchinis)
- 4 Eggs
- 100 ml. of milk
- 1/2 Onion
- Salt & Pepper (sufficient amount)
For the pastry:
- Mix the flour with the salt and sift. Add the butter in small cubes.
- Mix until crumbly and integrate the egg, adding water if the dough is very firm.
- Knead until the dough becomes compact, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
For the filling:
- Chop the onion and courgette and sauté, season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough and cover a previously floured or greased mold. To avoid the dough from rising too much, pierce a few times with a fork.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream, eggs and cheese in a bowl, then add the courgette and onion preparation, season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove the dough to place the filling inside and bake again for 15 minutes until the filling is firm and golden.
Baba ghanoush (Aubergine dip)
- 1-2 Aubergines (Eggplants)
- 1/4 cup of Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of raw Sesame organic
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. of Lemon juice
- Roast the eggplant in the oven with a little oil and salt at 200 ° C until soft.
- Remove the skin and pulp and mix with minced garlic, olive oil, peanut butter and lemon juice. Blend or process all ingredients until blended well.
- Serve with sesame seeds
- 4 Carrots
- 3 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. of milk
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of apple
- 2 sticks of celery
- Peel and grate the carrots or cut them into strips.
- Remove the core and seeds from the apple and chop into cubes or thick slices.
- Chop celery and reserve.
- Mix all ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Serve cold, an ideal accompaniment to chicken or pork dishes.
The best of Recipes with vegetables
Products related with Cooking with Autumn and Winter vegetables
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?