Insomnia has now become a common sleep disorder. Not only adults suffer, but now young people are affected as well. This is because the problems of modern society, where competition is stronger and requires getting a job early, while to choosing a career and finishing it successfully.
This overload of stress is for many experts, one of the determining causes that alter the normal sleep process. Of course, there are other causes, other factors such as the use of stimulants, alcohol consumption, change in sleep routines, lack of activity, medical problems or psychological disorders and respiratory problems.
If you are one of those who have trouble to sleep, you could use these tips to combat insomnia, naturally.
- It is important to keep a defined sleep schedule.
- You should try to go to bed only when you feel sleepy.
- Do a massage for relaxation
- If you're not sleepy and cannot fall asleep after 20 minutes in bed, leave the bedroom and do some quiet activity like reading or listening to soothing music
- Do not turn your computer and avoid any stimulating activity when you're ready to sleep.
- Avoid sleeping during the day. If an occasional nap is needed, it should be an hour and just after eating.
- Make a relaxing activity before bedtime; you can take a hot bath.
- Stay active throughout the day, exercise regularly.
- Keep a regular schedule for meals, medications, tasks and other activities. This will help keep the internal clock.
- Avoid eating a lot before bedtime, a light portion can help promote healthy sleep.
- Avoid caffeine within six hours before bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol in the evening. Even a small dose of alcohol can produce dangerous levels of sleep deprivation.
- Try not to smoke near bedtime or overnight.
- Put environmental lights in your bedroom.
- Learn some relaxation techniques like yoga and breathing.
In addition to of these guidelines, exist various plants and foods that can help you relax in nature. You should take them one or two hours before so they take effect. Some may feel it immediately others may feel the effects in the second or third day.
Milk and honey
A glass of warm milk sweetened with honey at bedtime is the most popular and effective way to achieve restful sleep. You can take 15 or 20 minutes before attempting sleep.
Prepare a tea with this herb before bed, it is a natural sedative. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid it.
This herb acts the same way that valerian. Drink a passion flower tea every night before bedtime. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid it.
Drink chamomile tea every night, it helps you sleep, plus relaxes and relieves the stresses of the day.
Boil the trunk of a lettuce plant in a small saucepan for 3 minutes. Serve in a cup and drink it.
Orange and lemon
Boil some water with some pieces of orange peel or lemon. Pour into a cup and drink. It is a very good relaxing drink.
The best of Health
Products related with Combat insomnia naturally
You have not found what you were looking for?