Published: 12/28/2010 - Updated: 10/07/2018
Cod is a white fish rich in nutrients and low in fat, is one of the traditional dishes of the holiday season; it is a very versatile dish that can be prepared in many forms and styles, but being a heavily salted fish, you should know some tricks to combine with the right ingredients to make it perfect.
Here we are five ways to prepare it, you know, especially if you are experienced in the kitchen, you can always use your creativity to remove or add ingredients.
- 600 g of flaked salty cod
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon offlour
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 / 2 Kilo of mashed potato
- 100 g of grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drain cod soaked in the previous day (24 hours).
- Fry finely chopped onions in oil, before browned, add tomatoes. Season very lightly in the case of salt because the cod is very salty.
- Incorporate the cod and cook a couple of minutes.
- Make a potato puree, quite thick.
- Place the fish onto a greased mold with butter and put mashed potatoes in mounds with a spoon.
- Make a white sauce with butter, milk, flour and nutmeg and cover the cod and mashed potatoes with it.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook in the oven.
- 300 gr. of flaked cod
- 1 large can of tuna
- 1 onion (not spicy) or 3 spring onions
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 ripetomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Try to get desalinated cod or buy one with the instructions to desalinate.
- Once desalted, squeezed with hands to remove any remaining water. Then grab a towel to dry it further. Placed it at the source where we will cook prepare it.
- Finely chopped onion mixed with grated tomatoes, salt, minced garlic and tuna.
- All this is mixed with cod in the source, aligning it with plenty of olive oil and garnish with olives and hardboiled egg cut into slices.
Cod with peppers and saffron
- 800 grams of desalted cod
- 2 dl of Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 400 grams of onion
- 1 Cornacho (choricero Pepper)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dl. of white wine
- 3dl. of fish soup
- 30 oz. of crustless bread crumbs
- Cut the cod into pieces. Desalinate for 48 hours, changing the water three times.
- Remove scales and bones of cod.
- Fry the garlic and remove them. Then over medium heat, fry the pieces of cod.
- Put the cornacho to soak in cold water.
- In a pan, put some oil and add garlic, minced onion, cornacho pulp and sauté.
- Incorporate the breadcrumbs and pour the fish stock
- Crush the saffron and pour white wine and add it. Finish cooking slowly.
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 4 large, juicy oranges
- 4 green onions
- Tiny black olives
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 300 grams of salty cod
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 small glass of water
- Previously, desalt cod and prepare into strips.
- Cut the orange in thin slices and finely chop green onions also.
- In a source, place a layer of orange, and put above the desalted cod and green onions. And then, orange, cod ... Finish with orange.
- With oil, paprika, vinegar and water, prepare the sauce and pour on top. Hard-cooked eggs and olives are to decorate the plate.
- It should be prepared in advance if possible two to three hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Soak cod in water and change the water about 5 times during 12 hours as we know cod is very salty so we can remove the excess and dry salt. Dry cod, put some flour and fry lightly, remove and place on serving platter.
- In the same oil, fry the garlic, onion, potato, peas, zucchini and peppers, when the chips are well boiled (cooked), add 2 cups of water and season with a little bit of salt and pepper, and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add shredded fish, olives and capers, and simmer until everything is well cooked and tasty.