Published: 10/02/2018 - Updated: 10/02/2018
Do your hands or feet sleep or numb often? Do you get cramps? Do you feel exhausted or tired in hot weather? Do you experience swelling of the legs? Do you feel tingling in the extremities? Does your hair fall or your skin and nails are weak? That might be due to poor circulation.
You cannot have good health without a good blood circulation, which is responsible for the distribution of blood to all organs, cells and body systems. It is also important to have a good quality of blood to nourish the body efficiently through the circulation, which makes silicon reach the nails, hair, skin and other places, nourishes bone with calcium and send vitamins, minerals and oxygen to all cells, tissues and systems.
Circulation problems are mainly due to the lack of physical activity, fat accumulation or lack of elasticity in blood vessels, emotional tension and, above all, a poor diet. In this case we will give you some dietary tips to improve your circulation and quality of your blood.
Not recommended foods
Fats derived from milk, red meat, fried foods, animal meats (ham, sausage, etc.), bacon, butter, margarine, very cooked dishes and oiled, pickled, canned or processed sugar products, everything fried (potatoes toast, etc.). Excess sodium is also harmful, so you should avoid overuse of salt, and avoid drinking alcohol, smoking and irritants such as coffee or hot drinks.
Vegetable oils (soy, sesame, olive, etc.), nuts, oily fish like salmon, tuna, etc., olives, avocado, citrus fruits, (orange, tangerine, lemon, etc.) tomato, seaweed, potassium rich foods like banana, whole grains, legumes, etc.
You should include high fiber foods daily, as this helps eliminate stored fat. In addition, include pure water, drinking 2 liters a day minimum.
Blueberries are rich in Vitamin P, which increases endurance by reducing capillary fragility and are excellent for improving micro-circulation, as well as to promote the regeneration of retinal pigments. We recommend eating this fruit daily, as if they were grapes, especially in cases of capillary fragility, bleeding disorders or venous insufficiency, as well as in cases of poor night vision.
Garlic is one of the best allies of good blood circulation, among a long list of benefits, has vasodilator properties, which help your circulation improves remarkably quickly. For best utilization, take garlic in fast with a glass of warm water daily.
Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids such as flaxseed or fish oil are also suitable in diets to improve blood circulation.
Herbs to improve circulation
Fortunately, nature has everything to help us regain health. And herbal teas are an excellent alternative medicine to help the body to have good circulation. Here are some herbs:
- Rosemary: for stimulating blood circulation.
- Horsetail: is a very good remedy to prevent hardening of the arteries and help reduce harmful cholesterol accumulated. Drink a cup after eating one or two cups each day will suffice.
- Hawthorn: good for heart disease and to improve coronary circulation and myocardial efficient nutrition. The Hawthorn slightly lower heart rate, it is used in arrhythmias and tachycardia, as well as in heart failure.
- Passion Flower
- Olive Leaves: have a hypo-tensive effect on its activity as a peripheral vasodilator and diuretic. It is used to lower blood pressure and prevent angina and cardiac arrhythmias. It can be combined with hawthorn.
- Rusco, is used to prevent varicose veins, hemorrhoids, heavy legs, swollen legs or ankles, etc.
- Hammamelis: the right medicine to promote good circulation, used and recommended in cases of varicose veins, hemorrhoids and heavy periods.
- Ginko biloba, ginger and ginseng are supplements that help good circulation. We recommend Ginseng with high ginsenoside standard.
- Dandelion: rich in tannins and soothing properties, is very beneficial in peripheral circulatory problems (poor circulation in the extremities). For better utilization, local baths should be performed with the infusion of the plant.
It's very important to use always good herbal reference material.
Recipes for good circulation
Here we share some recipes so you can include in your daily menu and help your good circulation. You can drink a cup of any of the above herbs after meals.
Shake to help good circulation
- One tablespoon of flaxseed
- A glass of almond milk
- A banana
- A little bit of pollen
- Honey to taste or drink unsweetened
- Blend everything and drink slowly without straining.
Special salmon salad to increase a good circulation
- 300 grams of salmon
- 3 lemons
- 100 grams of olives
- 1 lettuce
- 1 cup of fresh bean sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper (good for circulation)
- Sea salt, the less likely
- Cut the salmon into thin slices, season and marinate for 3 minutes in the lemon juice.
- Wash the lettuce and cut into julienne, distributing it on a dish with soy. Dress with olive oil, salt, lemon and cayenne pepper.
- When the salmon is about (from pink to white), you must drain and place on lettuce and soybean. Cover with the olives.
Remember also to exercise every day, walking, swimming and hiking are great ways to maintain good circulation and heart health.
The best of Health
Products related with Circulation: herbs and diet to improve it
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?