Do you really want to make this day unforgettable? Most people try to celebrate Christmas as a unique celebration with a special meaning. And although there are certain traditions that are repeated as dinner, dancing and perhaps prayer, etc., there is no doubt that we search a new, different, deep and even magical Christmas. And how to do that when life is a mess and with limitation, lack and pain? To make this day something really magical we feel the holydays, besides what we do at the party, we must have the willingness to transport us to an unusual time, which is difficult to achieve. However, here are some tips to make this day one of the best in your life and you can extend it to all the moments to come.
Christmas with Problems, debts, diseases and deficiencies?
Forgetting about ourselves to share with others is one of the best ways to have a good time with your loved ones. However, if you do not feel very good about yourself or your life, if there are problems, deficiencies, liabilities or illness, we recommend that before leaving to celebration, do a meditation by yourself.
Connect with the greatness inside yourself
Meditation is one of the most magical and powerful resources, it helps us to transport to deep inside us that can be truly magical. To achieve a very special day, we recommend the following steps:
- Find a time and a place in the day where you can be yourself, preferably the day before Christmas Evening or early in the morning before starting your activities.
- Find a table or a special space and light a candle of the color you like. Sit in front of it, turn off the light or close the curtains if it is daylight and focus on its flame.
- Then, visualize yourself in that little light on the circumstances of your life. Look carefully at what you're worried, what hurts or scares you, and feel what you really feel, observe without judgment, just accept any feeling you have as anger, fear, despair, do not stop, let yourself feel it.
- Then, tell yourself that everything you live now is to learn to be better, that every experience is to learn something you did not know, and that even though conditions are adverse, there is something new to discover.
- Once you have spoken to yourself and you have got confidence, then tell yourself that something new will be born in Christmas, perhaps more confidence, more love, more freedom or something you like, and the birth of this will solve your problem or deficiency. Be grateful for things you already have.
- Then, look in the little flame, the good things in your life, friends, your house, whatever, even though things can be difficult, they have something good. If you find nothing, focus on your body, your breathing, and see that every breath brings you life, and you have a life, not for luck, but because there is something inside you that makes you be in that place and time as a challenge to become more skillful or creative, stronger and more understanding with yourself.
- Then, while watching the flame, tell yourself five times: "I trust myself, I accept me as I am and I am proud of the life I have led, as I know I have done the best I could and I'm open to new paths” and feel it.
- Once you have pronounced this decree with firmness and patience, feeling the words, then see yourself in that little flame surrounded by light, and feel loved and protected by the universe, feel its warm embrace, its light, its unlimited wealth.
- When you have filled yourself with this light, turn off the candle, and take in the memory of each of your cells that sense of peace, well-being, confidence and acceptance of what you are. Then turn off the light and appreciate the time you had with yourself.
Finishing this meditation, you are ready to go to celebration. It doesn’t matter if you are alone, with some friends or hundreds. Something new accompanies you, you've reminded yourself that the birth of each day depends on your willingness to want to learn new things and flow; you know that nothing is eternal, that the problems are a challenge to grow, and that if you focus on your inner power then, magically, life becomes something truly extraordinary. And when you get to Christmas celebration, then yes, forget about yourself and try to share with others, be yourself, and find your creativity to make this day unforgettable. You know now that it is up to you.
About the author