The cherry is not just for decorating the top of the ice cream but is a fruit with a scarlet color and a special flavor that is useful for the great chefs of the kitchen to prepare a wide variety of dishes such as beverages, sauces, dressings, salads, gazpacho, cakes, cookies, ice cream, jelly, etc. and gives a special touch to the dishes. Here are some cherry recipes that you will love!
Ingredients (8-10 servings)
- 750 grams of cherries
- 300 grams of cream cheese (no salty) type Philadelphia
- 2 yogurts (natural lemon flavor)
- 400 grams of sugar
- 3 large eggs (or 4 medium)
- 75 grams of whole wheat flour
- 250 ml of water
- For the base: 16 cookies (200 grams) and 75 grams of butter (not margarine)
- Remove the bones of the cherries. There are some specific devices to do this (one by one or more cherries at a time).
- Once cherries are ready, you can set the oven to heat. If you have an air oven, put it at 170 º Celsius and if it is an electric, put to 180 degrees Celsius. The cake is best done at a moderate temperature.
- Take the butter and melt it in the microwave or in a saucepan. Take cookies and mash (with a mallet, in a blender or as you prefer). Mix cookies and butter.
- Take a cake pan from about 22 centimeters in diameter and extend the cookies with the butter on the bottom.
- Now in a bowl, mix the cheese and yogurt with a whisk (or electric mixer) and reserve.
- In another bowl, beat well (best with an electric mixer) the eggs and 150 grams of sugar. Then gradually add the sifted flour to avoid lumps. Mix with a rubber spatula.
- With the same rubber spatula, mix the two shakes (eggs, sugar and yogurt-cheese) and pour on mold.
- Put the cake in the oven for 35 minutes. After this time, open the door and cut on the center of the cake with a wooden toothpick and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- While the cake is baked, we will prepare the cherries. Put in a saucepan to heat the quart of water with the remaining 250 grams of sugar.
- When sugar dissolves, add the cherries. Leave on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After this time, cherries will be ready and syrup will have picked a beautiful red color (like cherries). Remove the cherries with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave the syrup to the fire until it forms a thick syrup that we will use to pour on the cake. The time depends on the temperature of the fire.
- When the cheesecake is fully baked, take it out of the oven and let cool. Then take off the mold and distribute cherries over and finally pour the syrup on top.
- Put it in the refrigerator and leave at least two or three hours (better with a little cold).
NOTE: To make this cake, 500 grams of cherries would be enough but if you want that the surface of the cake is completely covered with cherries, you need 750 grams of cherries in the recipe.
You have to keep in mind that 500 grams of cherries is equal to 350 grams of cherries without bones and that the amounts given in the recipe includes cherry and bone.
- 1 / 2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 / 4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 large can of canned sweet cherries, pitted
- Preheat oven to 180 * C / 350 * F. Melt the butter and let it run in a glass mold.
- Beat the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the milk and beat one more time.
- We took canned cherries over the dough and then put in the oven.
- Bake for about an hour, and the pudding is golden brown and cherries are thick and bubbly. The cherries will sink to the interior. Serve hot.
Ingredients (serves 4):
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- 500 g of ripetomatoes
- 70 g of cucumber
- 70 g of Chives
- 50 g of red pepper
- 5 g of Ginger
- 250 g of clean and pitted cherries
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple vinegar
- Wash and cut tomatoes with cucumber and onion into small pieces.
- We threw in a bowl with the ginger, peeled and sliced.
- Add 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 of apple cider vinegar. Season to taste.
- Abruptly grind ingredients with a whisk and re-pour the mixture into a bowl or pan it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator at least two hours.
- Wash and remove the bone from the cherries.
- Then crush the cherries very well with the rest of the ingredients with the help of the blender until you get a gazpacho.
- Pass to a bowl or pan and let cool in the refrigerator until later use.
(to put in the fish, salad, etc)
- 1 kg. of cherries
- 750 gr. of sugar
- 1 / 2 liter of white wine
- Lemon rind and cinnamon stick
- Cook the cherries in white wine, lemon peel and cinnamon until tender
- Add sugar and simmer a few minutes.
- Dilute the starch with a little water and add.
- Refine it through a sieve and it’s ready.
Walnuts and Cherries Cookies (ideal for children lunch)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBulgur Recipes
- 100 gr. of butter
- 200 gr. of black sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 gr. of self-rising flour
- 200 gr. of whole flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 250 gr. of water
- 150 gr. of walnuts
- 100 gr. of dried figs
- 50 gr. of organic almonds
- 100 gr. of cherries in syrup
- Beat butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs one by one. Stir sifted flour with baking soda. Then pour the cold water and add the walnuts and figs previously soaked, drained and chopped.
- Pour mixture into a buttered pan and sprinkle with flour. Cover lightly with peeled and chopped almonds, and cherries, drained and cut into halves.
- Bake 5 minutes before cooking is complete. Remove, cut in cookies of 6 cm of diameter and place in the oven again to dry.
About the author