Published: 11/10/2011 - Updated: 10/20/2018
It is not the same as the pepper and its use and properties are different. Cayenne pepper is used since ancient times to make dishes of all kinds. It was also used as a medicinal remedy because it has interesting properties for health. It is highly digestible, relieve pain, it is useful to combat colds and arthritis.
It has a spicy flavor and should be used sparingly. It gives a special touch to stews and sauces. One of its best uses is to flavor seafood, soups and dressings.
Here are some recipes:
- 300 grams of mixed seafood
- 3 minced red peppers
- 2 French bread
- ½ can of evaporated milk
- 80 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of barley in flakes
- 1 cup of fish stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50 grams of olive
- 300 grams of yellow potato
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of crushed garlic and ginger, oil, salt, pepper and cumin
- Season seafood with salt, pepper and set aside. Separately, soak the bread and flakes in milk. In a pan put some oil and make a dressing with onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, salt, pepper and a little cumin.
- Add the soaked bread to the dressing, then add seafood and fish soup to make it thick, moving constantly. Add half the grated cheese and keep moving for a few minutes until mixture has consistency. Rectify the salt.
- Serve over boiled potatoes cut into slices. Garnish with olives and boiled egg, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2 cups of diced hard tofu
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 455 g of chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup of cream or buttermilk (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan over high heat. Fry a little tofu. Put the onion and garlic in the pan and sauté until they are golden brown. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blend slowly vegetables in a food processor or blender. Return to saucepan and heat again. Try the soup and if it is not spicy enough, add more cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once it’s ready to serve, add the chopped cilantro and stir. Serve the soup and, if you want, put a tablespoon of cream or buttermilk over each dish. Place a sprig of cilantro on the cream and serve immediately.
Shrimps with Coconut
- Shrimps (quantity is up to you)
- Beer 180 cc
- 130 g of sifted flour
- 1 / 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 / 2 tsp of salt
- 1 / 2 tsp of Cayenne pepper
- 1 Egg
- 300 g of grated coconut
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of tamarind concentrate
- 1 1 / 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 100 g of mayonnaise
- 1 1 / 2 tsp of honey
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 / 4 tsp of salt
- 160 g of pineapple
- 150 g of apricot jam
- 1 / 2 red onion
- 1 green Chile
- 20 g of cilantro
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g of sugar
- Wash, peel (leaving the tail) and devein shrimp. Split them into butterfly cut.
- Mix the flour with beer, soda, salt, cayenne pepper and egg, mix until smooth.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Dip shrimp in egg mixture, draining excess, cover with the coconut completely, applying slight pressure until coconut stick very well. Repeat the same operation with all shrimps.
- Fry the shrimp about 1 minute or until lightly browned. Drain well in colander and move on to absorbent paper, add a little salt. Clean the oil with a strainer.
Tamarind: Mix all ingredients with a whisk until incorporated.
Apricot: Finely chop the onion, chile and cilantro, mix with remaining ingredients. If the pineapple was not very sweet, add sugar.
Serve the shrimps with the two sauces.
- 250 grams of shrimp
- 300 cc of shrimp Fumet
- 20 grams of butter
- 250 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10 grams of Ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams of bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 tomato
- Make a shrimp Fumet using onion, leek, tomato, garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper. Remove the shrimp. Then strain it, season with salt and pepper and thicken with a roux made with a little butter and flour. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile chop the tails of shrimp in the meat grinder and reserve. When it’s cold, take a spoonful of preparation, and mix with shrimp, if desired, put a little diced onion very fine and shadowed by spoons, giving shape of croquettes, passing through flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in abundant oil.
- Serve with spicy sweet and sour sauce.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Cayenne pepper Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?