Published: 02/25/2011 - Updated: 06/21/2016
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Cataracts (or clouds) occur when the lens of the eye becomes opaque. Normally, the lens is clear and transparent, similar to a clean glass. But if suddenly the glass is tempered with water vapor, for example, then the visibility will drop and be fuzzy, like a cloud. The same happens when the lens is opaque.
Cataracts have nothing to do with the overuse of the eyes or a cloth that covers the eye; it is not a contagious condition, does not cause blindness or is related to cancer.
Causes of cataracts:
- Aging eye is one of the most common
- Diabetes or other conditions
- Abuse of sun exposure without protection
- Some eye injuries
- Taking medications such as steroids
- The tension generated in the eyes for not wanting to see or rely on what life will bring, or not wanting to see clearly aspects of life that cause us fear, anxiety, etc.
- Blurred vision
- Hypersensitivity to light, easily dazzled eyes
- Poor or weak night vision
- The colors are faded or yellowed
- You have to graduate lenses frequently
- Ghosts in vision (double vision)
- You require a brighter light to read
Opacity in vision
This depends on the size and shape in the opacity of the lens. When the opacity is not located around the center of the lens, the vision will be normal or nearly normal.
Natural treatment to prevent and cure the clouds and cataracts
- To help the eye tissues and to regain and maintain optimal performance, it is necessary to make a diet sufficient in vitamin A and vitamin C, which are essential to maintaining healthy vision. The orange fruits and vegetables are rich in beta carotene (precursor of vitamin A), essential for eye health. Orange, papaya, carrot, etc., are great foods to nourish the eye. The Spirulina is also rich in vitamin A, plus it contains other nutrients and minerals that are generous with eye health. Healthy eating can greatly help stop premature aging of the lens, and may halt the progression of cataracts. It should be noted that the body has an amazing self-healing capacity, often only requires to receive the necessary elements for recovery, and one of these items is undoubtedly the good food.
- Avoid salty or spicy products, which dry the eyes and mucous membranes, and predispose to tissue damage and deterioration.
- Drink at least 2 liters of pure water a day, avoid drinks with refined sugar and sugar in general, which degenerates the nervous system and weakens its core functions.
- You must maintain eye health by avoiding sun exposure. However, one must learn to give a sunbath to the eye, which is very healthy and strengthens eye health. Do this at the first rays of morning sun, watch the soon and flash 3 times. Do this every day. Avoid keep staring at the sun.
- Take care about your liver because this organ is closely related to visual functions. It is recommended that you do a cleansing diet.
- Maintaining a relaxed, friendly and enthusiastic attitude about life helps keep the body relaxed, the eye is an organ that is highly susceptible to the stresses, when we either consciously or unconsciously do not want to see something when have seen, the eye suffers a tension that can affect and weaken the optic nerve.
- Daily, look for half-hour something that you really like, whether a landscape, sky, plants, etc. When we see something that pleases the eye, it relaxes, and also generates a sense of well being in all tissues and nerves.
Other treatments of cataracts or clouds
When this condition is severe, you may need surgery, although in many cases removing the cataract does not offer any improvement in vision. If you need advice, go to a doctor for advice.
If the symptoms of cataract are mild, they can be arranged with a simple change in the glasses, although you should always consider the eyes cured with diet and a confident attitude to life, which is achieved knowing and nurturing new ways of our personal way of seeing life.
About the author