Nothing better than starting the year with one of the best companions of cooking healthy and tasty: the carrot. Great qualities of this vegetable, combines very well in all kinds of dishes, from desserts to stews and water of all kinds. It is used in cooking around the world, is rich in phosphorus, vitamin A, antioxidant (prevents aging), very good diuretic and as food for the skin (helps heal and beautify). Eaten raw is ideal for strengthening teeth and gums.
Here is a delicious selection of recipes to start the year with the right foot.
Squid stew with carrots
- A package of Chinese egg noodles.
- 2 cups of squid.
- 2 cups of chicken breast cut into squares.
- 1 red pepper.
- 1 green pepper.
- 3 large carrots and fresh.
- Soy sauce to taste.
- Dice squid, chicken, peppers and carrot and lightly fry in a skillet.
- Meanwhile cook noodles.
- Once the sauce and cooked Chinese noodles, and seasoning mix.
- Add a few drops of lemon to taste.
Carrot Cake (pancakes)
- 2 cups of whole flour.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- 3 medium carrots, grated.
- 3 eggs.
- ½ cup of oil.
- 1 cup of brown sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- ¼ cup of raisins or nuts.
- ¼ cup of crushed nuts.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place in a bowl the flour mixed with baking powder and sugar blonde, making a hole in the middle.
- Place the egg yolks slightly beaten, oil, grated carrots, ground nuts, raisins or nuts, cinnamon and vanilla essence. Go to mixing all unite.
- Add to the white peaks surround with soft movement. Put the preparation into a mold with butter, type "Savarin" (those in the center of the mold material, which allows the lubricants).
- Place in moderate oven for half hour
- 300 gr. of Carrots.
- 1 potato
- 3 / 4 liters of water.
- 2 tablets of vegetable broth.
- 100 gr. Of thick cream.
- Wash and peel carrots and potatoes.
- Cut with dice.
- Gently fry in butter.
- Pour the water and stock.
- Cook and crush with the initial.
- Season with the nutmeg and pepper.
- Riding the cream, sprinkle with the curry and put a cup in each cup of cream.
- 8 carrots
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 yogurt measure
- 4 of cups sugar
- 2 cups of yogurt
- measure of oil Olive
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking royal
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 handful of raisins
- Peel and scratch the very finite carrot, beat eggs and mix with all remaining ingredients.
- Bake in a mold greased and floured at 160 degrees C and approximately 35 minutes.
- Stuck with a needle and see if the cake comes out clean, indicating that it is done.
- Whisk 500g Philadelphia cheese with 100g of sugar glass and fill the cake down the middle and out.
- Add melted chocolate and chopped nuts.
Meatballs In carrot sauce
- 15 grams (1 / 2 slice) of bread.
- 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 150 gr. Of minced beef, half beef and half pork.
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley too.
- 1 tablespoon of beaten egg.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of flour (for sling).
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil (for frying).
- Other options (personal): mint, basil, a couple of goat's-milk cheese, onion, ...
- 1 onion cut into quarters [2 onions]
- 2 tomatoes sliced in half or quarters [3 unid.]
- 1 / 2 red bell pepper into strips [1 unid.]
- 1 / 2 green pepper strips [1 unid.]
- 3 carrots, cleaned and unpeeled small [6 unid.]
- 2 cloves of garlic [3 or 4]
- A generous spray of olive oil (use to fry)
- 1 / 2 cup of white wine [1 cup]
- Pepper in grain, 3-4 units.
- A dash of brandy.
- Optional: a dash of chicken broth.
- Best must left in the marinade all night. Total cooking time: 1 hour 45 min.
- Put in a bowl the bread crumbs soaked in milk (not excessive).
- Allow to soak until soft and has absorbed the milk.
- In another large bowl miss the ground beef, we season, and mix with bread soaked in milk, parsley and chopped egg. (you can add a pair of goat's-milk cheese or even a few pieces in the heart of meatballs)
- Mix well (you can add a bit of mint or basil)
- Put the flour in a plate. The mixture forms balls of meat (tiny) of about three centimeters in diameter and coated in flour.
- Remove the excess flour and put in a dish. Reserve.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, when a temperature of about 180 º C add the meatballs, in small quantities so as not to lower the temperature.
- Fry during few minutes on all sides and, as we doing, put on a plate with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Reserve.
Preparation of carrot sauce
- Cut all the vegetables and introduced into a pot: tomatoes into quarters or in half the peppers into strips, three carrots, cleaned and cut skin (makes it thickens the sauce), onion in quarters, the garlic in foil, black pepper.
- Add the meatballs frying oil (not too much), strain solid particles that might be. Pour the white wine (quality) and a dash of brandy (or Porto wine).
- Sometimes I also like to add a little chicken broth, especially if I see that the surplus has evaporated during cooking.
- Put aside that we had meatballs, cover and left in marinade all night.
- The next day we withdrew meatballs and reserve on a plate.
- Salt vegetables and let simmer for about 1 hour 20 minutes, until soft and can easily pass for a blender.
- Puree chopped vegetables, add the meatballs and bring to the fire for about 20-25 minutes, until meatballs are done.
- Accompany with fried potatoes, rice ... delicious, even better from day to day. Can be used for other meats.