The mystical and aromatic carob plant is from the family of the legumes and thus bears fruit in the form of pods. Seed powder is a very sweet flour with cocoa flavor and quite similar in many therapeutic and nutritional properties, and with the great advantage that it does not contain gluten, so people with celiac can use. The Indians used it to produce beverages and today is used to prepare many dishes, especially desserts, with a taste similar to chocolate but with better benefits. This flour is rich in natural sugars (advantage against refined sugar containing conventional chocolate), contains much iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc., and many vitamins as A, B1 and D. It has little fat and also beneficial fats, so it produces no gain. Compared to chocolate, carob is three times richer in calcium.
Apples stuffed with carob cream
Serves: 4 people
- 4 green apples (ripe, but green)
- Carob flour, the necessary
- 1 bar of cream cheese
- Two teaspoons of vanilla
- Wash apples with shell, remove the heart and place in a container for oven with a little water (enough so it does not evaporate in a few minutes.) Let them cook at moderate temperature around 40 minutes.
- To prepare the cream, steps are simple: take a bowl and place the cream cheese there. Add sweetener to taste and beat until a creamy consistency. Incorporate carob flour as you would with a cocoa powder, a little vanilla essence and continue stirring to mix, it has to be not quite as creamy liquid, rather creamy. Fill the center of the apples with this cream and serve.
- 120g of whole wheat flour sifted
- 2 soup spoons of flour carob
- 1 spoon (dessert) of yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1DL of sunflower oil
- Fructose 100g
- 1DL of skimmed milk
- Beat the egg whites until peaks with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks, sunflower oil, fructose and milk. In another bowl mix the flour, carob flour and yeast. Stir well and add to the mix gradually beating always. Join the whites, with a wooden spoon, with movements from the bottom up.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured mold, cover with aluminum foil and put it in the oven, preheated to 200 ° C for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 20 minutes more.
- After this time (check the cooking with the tip of a knife will come out of the dry) out of the oven. Allow to cool and lubricants.
- Mix a few tablespoons of flour to wheat flour and other soy flour with a tablespoon of carob flour. Mix well, gradually adding soy milk to achieve desired consistency, either a thick pudding or lighter. We need to add a little honey or brown sugar or maple syrup.
- It brings to a boil, stirring to integrate perfectly. If you prefer, you can add a beaten egg. With soy milk also can be made custard and puddings that can have with cinnamon, vanilla, etc..
Oat and Carob snacks
- ½ liter of water
- 300g of organic oats flakes, thick
- 5 tablespoons of organic brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons organic raisins
- 4 tablespoons of carob flour
- Boil for 5 min the liter of water overwhelmed the oats and mix gravel, sugar and the tablespoons of raisins and carob tablespoons, stirring gently.
- Grease a special wave to bake the dough and add.
- Bake until cooked.
- 3 / 4 cup of oat flakes
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour carob
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Orange liqueur if you like
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes oats, sugar, olive, carob and water. Once warm the mixture, form small balls (truffles) and store in refrigerator.
- If the mixture is very light, add a little more flour or oatmeal carob, until it is compact.
About the author