When we talk about cardiovascular fitness, we are also talking about aerobic type exercises. But what exactly we mean? What are they for? However, such exercises make the muscles that move the larger body for a period of at least 20 minutes at an intensity of between 50 and 80% of the maximum capacity for the exercise.
Its regular practice helps to lose weight, or maintain, and retain optimal health. Doctors say that combined with appropriate lifestyle and healthy may even prevent some diseases.
Ideally cardiovascular exercise should be 3 to 5 days a week for 30 minutes in each session. Before starting it is recommended to heat the entire body at least 5 minutes before starting and then stretch the muscles to prevent injuries.
Then we refer to practices such as cycling (on a bicycle or regular), swimming, running, walking, jogging and dancing classes or different types of aerobics.
What are the benefits of cardio?
- Improves the health of the heart and motor system
- Reduces the risk of diseases
- Improves health-muscle stimulating the growth of small blood vessels that carry more oxygen
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression, improves mental health
- Lengthens the life
- Improves the defenses and the immune system
- It is recommended for athletes of all types and physical substance, whether or not professional
Practicing exercises to improve our quality of life
Without doubt, exercise is one of the best ways to reduce an excessive increase in blood pressure in most people. In almost all patients, it falls to normal levels. Patients who exercise to control blood pressure also lose weight, improve insulin sensitivity, reduce fat in the blood and strengthen the heart. We can say then that "physical inactivity is a risk factor for heart disease.
And is that the heart responds to exercise like any other muscle in the body. To the extent that the work will strengthen the heart. In this way, the more you exercise, you can pump more blood with each heartbeat. With this increased supply of blood, the heart does not have to beat as often to collect the necessary oxygen to the muscles, so your resting heart rate, heart rate and walking or jogging or any exercise level, will be lower.
Walk: the best ally of the welfare
The key point is to make walking a daily habit, over time you will feel better, increase your walking speed, and the resting heart rate decrease, this will show that your heart is being strengthened. Walking long or too hard is counterproductive to the top because the fatigue and stress could do to prevent the next day. The most important thing to always bear in mind is consistency. In addition to burning calories and strengthening muscles, a regular walk can:
- Increase your self-esteem
- Strengthen your heart
- Lower your cholesterol level
- Boost your metabolism
- Reduce stress
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, hypertension and diabetes
- Prevent bone loss (osteoporosis)
- Promote energy
Moreover, the practice of physical activity outdoors, predisposes a person, whether they are novice or an athlete with a strong physical experience. The goal is to travel as far as possible to a slow and controlled speed without causing muscle fatigue. The ideal rate, for starters, is that which makes us sweat and also allows us to maintain a conversation.
If you'd like to introduce this activity after a long period of rest should start little by little, and gradually doing jogging time. Please note that if you are a person over 30 years it is advisable to visit your doctor, so you can perform a checkup to rule out any cardiac complication.
Recommendations for whoever starts:
- Do not start running fast
- Run considering the "time", not the distance
- Take plenty of fluids before and after running
- Do stretching exercises at the end
- Steps should be heel to fingertip
- When finished running "never" stop, you must keep walking to promote the return of blood to the heart.
If you do not like to take group classes, and you cannot walk or jog outdoors, you can then choose any of the following equipment to perform your cardio exercises:
- Runners, tape: 800ckcal/hr
- Fixed Bike (cycle or electronic): 750 kcal / hr
- Elliptical: 700 kcal / hr
- Cardiowave: 700 kcal / hr
- Rowing machine: 750 kcal / hr
- Crosstrainer: 750 kcal / hr
Some facts to keep in mind for cardio exercises:
- Always monitor heart rate to determine intensity and calorie burn final.
- Drink at least 650ml of water or isotonic drinks for 1 hour (15 minutes each about 150ml).
- Use towel to dry the sweat and reduce body temperature.
- Be sure to use proper shoes as tennis or cycling shoes (if you cycle or spinning).
- Wear appropriate exercise clothes: comfortable and avoid perspiration.
- Consume at least one fruit or energy bar 30 minutes before starting your routine.
- If you feel fatigue or dizziness, immediately suspend exercise.
The best of Training and Exercises
Products related with Cardio exercises: the health and figure
You have not found what you were looking for?