Published: 10/10/2005 - Updated: 07/20/2017
Brown rice is even better that the white rice, it provides six times more magnesium than white, four times more vitamin E, triple fiber and phosphorus, half plus potassium and about three or four times more vitamins of group B.
Brown rice with algae
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons of wakame seaweed
- 2 cups of Water
- Soak wakame seaweed for 10 minutes in water.
- Once cast, put wakame with the onion finely chopped at low heat.
- Wash the brown rice and add it, moving often to be toasted without sticking the onion.
- Besides, warm water and add the rice to boil over, leaving five minutes.
- After this time, down fire to a minimum and cover the pan without disturbing until the rice has absorbed all the water.
Lettuce and brown rice
- 1 Capuchin Lettuce cut into strips.
- 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts.
- 2 medium peeled beetroot.
- 2 small cups of brown rice.
- 5 cups of water.
- Sea salt to taste.
- 1 sprig of rosemary.
- 1 small cup of chopped parsley.
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- Brush with oil a roasting pan and then 2 minutes the rice, add water and cover.
- Cook 30 minutes after the first boil (or just 15 minutes, wrap the pan to keep warm and eat the rice later).
- Switch to a rice salad.
- Add lettuce, sprouts, parsley and seasonings.
- Mix well. Add the grated beets at the time of serving.
Brown rice with lentils
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 / 2 cup of brown rice
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery branch
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Put everything in a saucepan and bring to low heat, covered, until lentils and rice is ready and the water has absorbed.
- Before serving sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Brown rice and tomato
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 3 Onions
- 250 gr. Of Brown Rice
- Cut the onions into thin slices and sauté with olive oil.
- Gently fry the tomatoes in pieces apart.
- Once the onion is golden and tomatoes are cast, sauté everything over low heat until the sauce a bit consistent.
- Cook the rice for 1 hour and 1 / 4 and once cooked mix everything.