Carbohydrates or carbs are the main source of energy of all diet, you need to know about them so that the diet is balanced, energetic and very healthy, because their abuse or eating without knowledge can be the main cause overweight and health problems of all kinds. The recommended intake of carbohydrates depends according to age, physical activity and body weight. There are many refined carbohydrates like sugar, sodas, juices with added sugar, sweets, refined bread, etc. non-quality energy source that only cause overweight and other toxins with unpleasant consequences.
Breakfast is a meal of the day must have a large supply of quality carbohydrates. Here are some suggestions for breakfast with a good mix of quality carbohydrates.
(high-energy breakfast or lunch in the afternoon, full of energy and quickly digested)
- 1 mango
- 2 slices of papaya
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of kefir or homemade yogurt
- Almonds, chopped nuts or raisins
- Chop the fruit into small pieces and then bathe in yogurt or kefir.
- Decorate with chopped almonds or walnuts and breakfast!
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of margarine or butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Blend the mashed bananas, milk and lemon juice.
- Beat butter and add brown sugar, until smooth. Add eggs, one by one.
- Add flour sifted with baking powder, salt and baking soda, alternately with banana mixture.
- Finally add the walnuts. Put into greased and floured pan.
- Place in the oven to 350 degrees F (180 ° C) for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Unmold and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
French oatmeal bread
- 1 / 2 kg of wheat flour
- 6 oz. of compressed yeast
- 30 oz. of brown sugar
- 1 or 2 cups of oats
- 1 / 2 teaspoons of salt
- 300 ml. of water
- Stir 150 grams of whole wheat flour, 90 ml. of water, oats and half the yeast, let stand in warm place for half an hour, at this time it will double in volume. Place on a clean table the rest of the flour, sugar and salt, add water, yeast and finally add the first dough. Knead to incorporate all ingredients until a stiff dough, smooth and quite elastic. If you need to add more water, add.
- Then divide the dough into 8 equal portions, form the respective portions slightly lengthening the balls, let stand to loose a little.
- Take one ball, flatten slightly with your hand to form a thick oval and check consecutive folds, respectively sealing the base of the thumb, fingers point to the tips at the ends of the bread and place on tray greased and floured, bake at 250 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Once ready, you can bathe with honey and eat, or beat 3 eggs and milk to fry and serve immediately and with honey or syrup.
Whole-grain hot cakes
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of sesame
- 2 cups ofsoy milk
- An egg
- Mix all ingredients in a blender so that it is a light dough but can be manipulated.
- In a preheated pan, grease and fry a spoonful of the mixture and turn when is cooked on one side.
- Cook on the other side and serve hot with honey bathing.
- A kilo of vegetable stock
- ½ cup of peeled wheat
- Half a kilo of potatoes
- Three cloves of garlic
- A spoonful of salt
- An onion
- Three tablespoons of oil
- Two tablespoons of ground special pepper
- Three liters of water
- One tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Soak wheat the day before. Then boil the vegetable stock until tender. Take the potato into small pieces. Apart, fry the onion, garlic, ground pepper, seasoning well.
- Add this to soup and cook for several minutes. Serve with chopped parsley.