Sesameis an edible seed, very versatile in the kitchen as it can be mixed with other spices to make a number of dishes of all types. It is mostly used whole seed, sprinkled on salads, breads, sauces, moles, meat biscuits, sweets, etc. Sesame contains about 20 % protein, a large percentage of vitamin B and 55 % oil, which makes it ideal for keeping skin fresh and glowing.
It is advised during pregnancy and menopause for its large amount of calcium, is good collaborator pair to increase mobility in the joints, and is recommended in times of weakness or anemia by considerable iron content. It is said that this little seed prevents male infertility for its contribution of zinc.
Dough for bread or biscuits, sweet or savory , depending on your imagination
- Wholemeal 1k
- 1 k of white flour
- 1 liter of warm water
- 1 package of dry yeast about 30 grams approx . (if you want to speed up the leavening put more)
- 1 Package of half kilo of fine fat
- 7 tablespoons of brown sugar (if you want to add more sugar for sweet biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (no more)
- Mix in a large bowl all dry ingredients.
- Add then the fat just melted (or soft) and warm water.
- It forms smooth, soft dough, and let rise for stuffy to double in size in a warm, draft-free cooking.
- When twice its size, it is separated in buns while leaving the remaining dough covered in container proofing.
Recipe for puff
- Knead and stretch the anterior bun with roller or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle fine flour may be wheat, buckwheat or maize starch.
- Fold dough.
- Roll out the dough again, dusting with starch, flour, etc. . and turn again.
- So do it by 4, 6-7 times, stretching well, sprinkling and folding again.
- Once ready, sprinkle sugar if desired.
- Bake on a greased pan until bread browned on top.
Recipe for rolls or biscuits
- The dough can be cut with a cutter, perfectly round or square with sharp knife, box cutter or knife with filthy, etc.
- Cut into cubes, triangles etc., any form.
- Paint these rolls with milk, and add brown sugar, jelly etc. for sweet breads.
- Add the sesame or leave only painted -salted milk.
- In some of the savory breads you can add them into the dough grated cheese, tofu , cream cheese or brown sugar, or other vegetable ingredient such as oregano, spinach, etc., to please or make a sandwich, etc.
Arabic Dessert with sesame
- 1 glass of orange flower water
- 2 cups of warm water
- 125 grams of aniseed
- 500 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 kilos of flour
- 7 eggs
- 50 grams of yeast
- 250 grams of honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g of sesame
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Put flour in a volcano on the table
- Sprinkle the yeast, salt, cinnamon and anise
- Put the eggs in the center
- Begin to knead gently
- Gradually add orange blossom water, vinegar and oil gradually while kneading
- If necessary add a little water
- After kneading the dough is ready with a roller and leave a thick cm
- Cut dough into pieces strips
- Fry in oil.
- Once ready, take them out and bathe with honey and syrup
- Irrigate copiously with sesame
Pita bread with sesame
- 500 grams of wheat or spelled flour
- A teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of powdered yeast
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 375 ml. of Cold water
- Two tablespoons of sesame
- Olive oil
- In large bowl, combine the flour and salt in a blender, a few seconds.
- Mix in medium bowl sugar, yeast and 125 ml of warm water, stirring with wooden spoon until yeast is dissolved.
- Leave the mixture of 10-12 min. in a warm place, covered with a clean cloth until bubbles form on the surface and get a foamy appearance.
- At that time, pour the rest of the warm water over the yeast and stir with wooden spoon.
- Immediately with mixer gradually incorporate yeast mixture to the bowl of flour with the salt. If the dough seems too dry, add a little water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until dough forms a bun.
- Mix for 1 min.
- Grease a bowl with a little oil, place the scone dough inside and turn it around so that all sides join (and prevent the formation of a hard crust on the surface of the dough).
- Dampen a cloth and cover the dough, letting it sit in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 45-50 min. until doubled in volume.
- Finished proofing time, place the dough on a floured surface and knead gently until it becomes elastic and smooth. When this occurs, form a cylindrical tube and cut into twelve equal pieces. After each piece mold in the form of a sphere with the palm of your hand, sprinkle the surface with flou, only if necessary.
- Distribute the dough balls on a sheet of waxed paper dusted with flour, or floured surface and cover with a dry cloth. Let stand until doubled in volume, about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to high heat. Then fill a small bowl with sesame seeds to a height of about 1.25 cm. While each sphere slides to the seeds and incorporate more seeds to the bowl as the need arises. On a surface dusted with a little flour, mold with rolling pin, each in the form of a disc from 12.5 to 15 cm in diameter.
- Sprinkle with a little flour 2 sheets of waxed paper. Arrange 3 or 4 loaves on each and bake until they begin to brown, 2 to 3 min. Or you can do it directly on the baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough and serve immediately.
Escalope veal Style with soy and sesame
Makes 4 servings
- soy meat beef style
- 200 gr. of water chestnuts
- Soy sauce
- 2 cups of soybean sprouts
- The juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro
- 2 cups of vegetables to choose, cut into cubes and cooked by steaming.
- Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Mix spices, cilantro, sesame oil, lemon, soy sauce, sesame, salt and pepper.
- Steam water chestnuts along with soybean sprouts.
- Once cooked, mix with soy meat and cilantro dressing.
- Add the cooked vegetables.
Zucchini with sesame
Serves : 3-4 people
- 500 grams of zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil and natural
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the zucchini into cubes
- Heat the oil and sauté the zucchini with garlic and salt to taste.
- After a few minutes, add the onion cut into rings, sesame and sprinkle the flour on top
- Serve hot. If you like you can add small pieces of cheese or tofu on top. Delicious.