A simple dessert for this holiday season is bread pudding. Do you have leftover bread from previous parties? Do not waste it and use it in this fantastic dessert.
These puddings are classic recipes but different countries have different versions. Today I am going to share various versions, so you can select your favorite and prepare it this holiday season.
Bread pudding with caramel
- 500 gr. Of bread (sweet bread, baguette, etc .)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- Liquid Caramel (sufficient amount)
- Boil the milk with the vanilla extract in a deep pan and then add the bread.
- Cut or slice the bread into medium pieces and add to the milk over a low heat to incorporate the bread with the milk. Use a spoon or a pestle to break the bread.
- Add the amount of sugar and mix together. Taste to see if it needs more sugar.
- Stir until thickened and remove from heat. Wait for it to go tepid before adding the eggs.
- Place a layer of caramel at the bottom of a mold. If you cannot find caramel, you can prepare it at home. Heat sugar in a pan, wait until it turns a brown colour and pour into the mold.
- Pour the mixture of the pudding into the mold and bake at 180°C for about 45-60 minutes. The pudding should be golden.
- Serve with a little syrup.
Pudding with peach and nuts
- 1l. of milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of Corn Starch
- 500g of bread, preferably sweet bread
- 4 tbsp. of raisins organic
- 4 tbsp. of Prunes
- 5 Peaches in syrup
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of Chopped organic almonds
- Slice the bread into medium pieces and set aside for later use.
- Chop the peaches in syrup into cubes or thin slices.
- Pour the milk into a deep pot with the rest of the liquid ingredients: condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon and corn starch previously diluted in two tablespoons of milk or water to prevent lumps.
- Heat this mixture over a medium heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes until the mixture begins to boil and is integrated.
- Toast the bread lightly in the oven or on a pan to prevent much crumbling during preparation.
- In a pan greased with a little butter, add a layer of bread, nuts (walnuts and almonds) and the peach and milk mixture on top. Add another layer of bread and fruit, repeating the process until the mold is full.
- Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden and of a firmer consistency.
Simple creamy bread pudding
- 6 Sweet breads
- 3 tbsp. of raisins
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract
- 1 package of instant pudding.
- 2 tbsp. of Rum or brandy
- Slice bread or split into small or medium-sized portions.
- Prepare pudding as directed on the packaging.
- Place the slices or pieces of bread in a round mold and add the raisins layer by layer.
- Incorporate the instant pudding with rum or brandy, or if you prefer non-alcohol you can skip this step.
Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over the instant pudding mold and refrigerate until it has solidified.