Published: 10/21/2010 - Updated: 12/31/2013
Black soya is a variant of soybeans. It contains such interesting properties as it helps fight obesity, fight cholesterol, helps decrease abdominal fat and prevents type 2 diabetes. Some researchers claim that the properties of black soybeans are more potent than that of yellow soybean. If you want to take advantage of these properties, here we share some recipes with which you can vary your daily menu and give it a new and special touch.
Preparing black soybeans before:
- 2 cups of black soybean
- Kombu seaweed to taste
- Sea salt (very little, consider that the algae already contains salt)
- Soy sauce to taste and enough water.
- Wash and soak black soybeans overnight, covering it with enough water.
- Taking advantage of the soaking water, add a piece of kombu seaweed and cook in pressure cooker for 40 min at low heat.
- Open the pot, add a little salt and cook 5 minutes more.
- Season with a few drops of soy sauce and seaweed into pieces.
- Note: The black soybeans can be eaten in this simple cooking or used in other dishes, added to soups, cereal, in stews, stir-fries, "pies", etc.
Fried Black soybeans
- 1/2 kg. of black soy beans, cooked
- 1 / 2 leek (including green part)
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- Oregano to taste
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of sea salt
- 50 ml of water
- Chop onion, diced, cut the leek in half moons and carrots into squares.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat and add the onion with salt and stir until it begins to soften.
- Then add the leeks and continue, after a couple of minutes, add carrots.
- Continue stirring another minute, add the water mixing all the ingredients, lower the heat to low and cover.
- Wait five minutes and later add the soy and mix all ingredients.
- Cook 3 minutes more (if necessary put a little more water to prevent sticking), turn off heat and let stand five minutes covered.
Black soybeans salad
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1 cup of alfalfa
- 2 kiwis
- 20 red grapes
- 1 onion
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Virgin olive oil
- A pinch Vegetable of Broth -30% salt
- Cut the lettuce and onion into strips and the tomatoes in half. Put in a bowl. Add the sliced kiwi, soybean sprouts, alfalfa and grapes.
- To make the sauce, wash the parsley and cilantro and mash in a mortar with garlic and vegetable broth. When forming a paste, add the soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Stir to emulsify and reserve half an hour to blend flavors. Serve the salad with the vinaigrette in a separate sauce boat.
Black soybeans soup
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 450 grams of black soybean
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of dried sage
- 225 grams of ham, or turkey, smoked diced of 0.5 cm.
- 1 can (400 grams) of beef broth low sodium
- 1 can of water
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and let 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat.
- Incorporate soy and mix a little bit. Return the pan to heat and add the thyme, sage, smoked ham, broth and water. Bring the stew to a boil. Moderate fire and wait about 20 minutes to blend flavors. Stir occasionally.
Rice with Black soybeans
- 250 grams of organically grown black soybeans
- 250 grams of rice
- 1 piece of ginger root
- 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce
- A piece of kombu seaweed, cut into thin strips
- 50 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- After having soaked black soybean for 12 hours, we put it to boil in water with 25 grams of olive oil, seaweed Kombu sliced and peeled ginger root. Let cook on medium heat for a couple of hours, if we need more water during cooking add boiling water. When the vegetables are tender, take a spoon and crush them with tomato sauce, add the result to the pot to thicken the broth, it should be not too soupy, boil a few more minutes, season and move away.
- In a saucepan with plenty of boiling salted water, we take the rice and stir to the top once. Let cook for 15 minutes uncovered over medium heat, check that it is cooked and drain. In the same pan put the 25 grams of remaining olive oil, add the rice, cook a little and turn away from heat, let stand covered 5 minutes.
- We serve the dish, usually, half black soy and half rice.
The best of Soya recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?