The beach volleyball is a relatively new sport that has had significant growth in the number of practitioners worldwide. It is a branch of volleyball but with the peculiarity that only two players make up the team and also played on sand, especially on the beach. We can say that there are two main features that make it popular:
Although very specific qualities are needed to practice successfully, it is a sport that can be practiced almost everywhere there are still no special physical characteristics.
The practice has a playful aspect very important, it is played outdoors and this makes it attractive for both the practitioner and the public.
Any sports training needs to develop a work-power resistance and specific resistance. This kind of work is for the development of energy systems, the work performance and ability to effectively utilize the full energy potential in competitive activity, in this case the beach volleyball player. All this must be accompanied by a strong mental preparation, which will bear the fatigue of the activity itself.
In the work of the resistance itself, involving general preparations, auxiliary specific and competition exercises. This work must involve a sufficient duration of work, with a degree of mobilization to lead to a noticeable fatigue.
When we talk about beach-volleyball competition, you must have very specific qualities. If we analyze in detail the game, we found a number of factors that make its practice very specific and very different to most sports, including normal volleyball.
The beach volleyball is a sport that is gaining considerable momentum in the world, thanks largely to the spectacular nature of it and, if allowed, to the parade of players with such sculptural bodies.
Since beach volleyball is done precisely in the area, and with two players per team, requires of them a great fitness, good flexibility, skill and great power, especially in the lower body, where the jumps are continuous. But without neglecting triceps, shoulders, chest and back as different ball hits too.
Fitness training routine
- Fitness Work: Three days a week, two days for the lower body and one for the upper.
- Cardio, five days a week: If at the same meeting coincides with the bodybuilding, this is carried out first after preliminary warming.
Day A: Legs
- Start the session with ½ squat. Standing, put the bar on the trapezius and shoulder securely with your hands, feet parallel and begin the descent until the quadriceps are parallel to the ground and then return to starting position.
- Make splits with weights. Stand with a pair of dumbbells in your hands take a step forward by flexing the leg to the parallel with the ground. Then promote to the starting position and take another step but with the other leg which completes one repetition, and reach the 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- The third exercise works the femur. Lying in the femoral machine legs flex in a controlled and slow by 4 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Buttocks machine. Standing, start the upload control with gluteal contraction, avoiding rocking. Perform 4 sets of 20 repetitions for each leg.
- Adducts, these muscles must be strengthened specifically, because although some muscles are not as important as the quadriceps and hamstrings, they can withdraw from the party if an injury occurs in them. Sitting on the machine along the legs, we conduct 4 sets of 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Twins. Standing at the machine with your feet parallel, start the ascent and the maximum contraction hold a second, falling slowly to full extension, mentally counting up to two before rising again. Perform 6 sets of 20 repetitions.
- Lumbar. Sit with the trunk upward and limb until full extension. Perform 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Abs. Hold the torso in place so it is necessary to strengthen them. Lift trunk slowly and deliberately, feeling the contraction in each movement. Perform 4 sets of 20 repetitions.
- In parallel legs straight, bend them down to the chest with your knees.
Day B: Shoulders, chest, lats and triceps
This day work the shoulders, pecs, lats and triceps, with one exercise per muscle group, because muscle tone is more important in their development.
- Shoulders. Sitting on the machine to push up. Perform 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Pectoral. On the machine, fold your hands in front with a strong contraction of the pectorals. Perform 4 sets 12 reps.
- Dorsal. Sitting, down the bar behind your head back to the starting position. Do 4 sets of 12 repetitions.
- Triceps. Triceps extensions with a hand pulley. This exercise helps to hit the ball harder especially in the snaps. Perform sets of 20 repetitions.
Repeat on A.
- Running, 30 minutes and five minutes by a series of sprints.
- Climbing stairs, 10 minutes at a rapid pace.