Published: 02/09/2009 - Updated: 09/20/2017
Ayurveda is a practice which is also known as The Science of long age and health or Mother of all healing. This Hindu philosophy, among other things, can devise their own strategy for health in a natural way and for life. Among these strategies is the food, where ayurveda supports the belief that there is a menu that is equal for everyone, but that each individual requires a special menu taking into account constitution.
Here are some recipes considering the basics of feeding Ayurveda, which recommends avoiding in general bad foods, which are of low food quality as those that are cooked too much, canned, sausages, the fried foods, very sugary, lean meat, cheese or fermented, very salty, the mushrooms, etc., and avoid smoking, alcoholism and drug addiction and leading the mind to a state of lethargy, heaviness and irritation.
Beet with almonds
- 2 kg of spinach
- 14 raw almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 lemon
- Wash the spinach and remove the wires. Separate center from the leaves. Chop these, cooked in boiling water with salt. Reserve. Cut center into strips of 5 cm.
- Put a pot on fire with water, salt and a dash of lemon, add the center to begin to boil and leave for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, put the oil in a skillet, fry the garlic and almonds.
- When browned, mash in a mortar. Again bring the pan to the fire, add one tablespoon of flour and stir very careful not to brown or burn, add the wet mortar, mix well, pour over the drained center and leave the fire for 10 minutes.
Artichokes with cream
- 6 artichokes
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 100 gr. of butter
- 250g of cream
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Clean artichokes. Discard the outer leaves and tough ends with a sharp knife. Cut in 4 pieces and remove hair. Squeeze into a bowl of lemon juice. Add a little water and dip the artichokes in the liquid that is not black.
- In a saucepan, boil has put about 2 liters of water with a tablespoon of flour diluted in cold water, lemon rind and sal. Put the artichokes and let boil for 10 minutes. Drain and should help in a pan with 50 gr. of butter, sugar, a little salt and the juice of another lemon. Cover to low heat and cook until tender. Drain with a skimmer and reserve hot.
- Let it reduce a bit the cooking juices. Add a béchamel sauce prepared with 50 gr. Of butter and 3 tablespoons of flour, cream, a little grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Return the artichokes to the pan. Allow the sauce to boil again, and if too thick add a little hot water. Add parsley and serve.
Squash stuffed with rice
Ingredients for 4
- 2 squash 200 gr. each
- 150 gr. Of cooked rice
- 15 gr. of marjoram
- 10 gr. of Oregano
- 100 gr. of shredded cheese
- 25 gr. of butter or margarine
- 200 gr. of tomatoes peeled and cut into small squares
- Split the squash in half, gutted and reserve the pulp. Cook the squash in water and salt. Reserve. Chop the flesh of the squash. In a skillet with butter, skip the flesh of the squash, rice and half the herbs. Fill the squash.
- In an oven, put the tomatoes and season with the remaining herbs, salt and pepper. Arrange the squash on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese and put in oven for 30 minutes.
- 1 lettuce
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 2 large oranges
- 1 onion
- orange juice half of a large or small
- 30 g of almonds, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Fresh Basil
- freshly ground black pepper, 5 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut onion fine, put it in a jar with a clove with the oil, orange juice, sugar, pepper, salt and chopped basil leaves.
- Shake well and let it stand. Peel oranges and cut into thin slices. Put on a plate to collect all the juice that will drop.
- Mix the shredded lettuce, watercress, oranges and juice they have released and chopped almonds.
White garlic soup
Serves: 6 people
- 75 gr. of peeled raw almonds
- 100 gr. of bread crumbs soaked in water and crushed but not much
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- Water: 1 liter and a half
- In a blender, blend the ingredients except water.
- It's going to be fine well, pour into a soup tureen and add the ice water gradually until a homogeneous mixture. To serve add grapes, possibly moscatel. The quantities of ingredients are approximate and may vary depending on the quantities of taste.
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 chile
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 cups of broth or water
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Stir-fry the chopped onion and pepper in a clay pot with hot oil. Add chopped garlic and when golden, add the minced meat.
- Fry a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, and remove, add salt and pepper. Dissolve the curry in a cup of broth and add to the casserole.
- Cook for a minute and add the rice and half the almonds (or chopped fillets). Frying a few minutes and pour the remaining broth.
- Stir well to mix all ingredients together, correct seasoning and simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Finish cooking and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
You have not found what you were looking for?