Soups or broths are welcome during all seasons, however, the ingredients we use are not always the same, in the cold season, which starts in autumn, there are ingredients that should be brought into the station. These soups are especially nutritious and rich in minerals and natural oils needed to maintain, among other things, resistant against the cold wind.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of Tuna
- 4 cups of water
- Half onion
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- Blend 4 cups of spinach with tuna and add vegetable stock cubes.
- Sauté the onion in a skillet, brown without, and add after the soup.
- Add sea salt to taste and serve with a little decorating Buttermilk or bits of dried tofu.
Tlalpeño Vegetarian Broth
- 600 grams of vegetarian meat pieces
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- $ cups of vegetable broth
- 3 carrots cut into rounds
- 300 grams of bean
- 3 cups of bean mixture, beans, beans, green beans, green beans, string beans, cut in half
- 1 ½ cups of chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 3 lemons
- 2 chipotle peppers in large
- 1 sprig of epazote
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 150 grams of fresh cheese, cottage cheese or tofu.
- Soak the chickpeas the day before (or purchase already coooked).
- Place meat vegetarian to soak in a cup of water with the juice of 6 lemons and a dash of tamari sauce for 4 hours.
- Cook vegetarian meat, chickpeas, onion and garlic in about seven cups (4 vegetable broth) of water. They should be cooked until the chickpeas are tender.
- After 10 minutes, add the epazote, chipotles, carrots and green beans, boil over low heat. Rectify the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- The broth is when the vegetables are soft, but do not let it cook much because it loses its properties.
- Serve with chopped onion and lemon aside, add strips of avocado and Buttermilk liquid if you like.
- 370 gr. Of Galician cabbage or green cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 500 gr. of floury potatoes
- 150 gr. of vegetable sausage
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sliced olives to taste
- Wash the cabbage leaves and cut into thin strips. Reserve.
- Peel and cut the onion and garlic to browning then in a little olive oil in a saucepan.
- Once the onion becomes transparent, add the peeled potatoes into thick slices. Add water to cover, add bits of olives if you like and cover and let simmer about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Crush using a blender or by passing the broth through a food mill. If using blender crush not in excess, like leaving remaining pieces of potato. Fry the sausage in a pan with little oil.
- Pour the sausage in vegetable soup. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage into thin strips and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve decorated with the sausage and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Corn and Pepper Soup
- 4 cups of roasted corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 1 pepper, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 white potatoes, diced small
- 4 scallions, tender, cut into strips
- ground black pepper, salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 5 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (low sodium)
- 6 sprigs of cilantro, steamed and chopped
- In a large pot, cook the oil, onions, bell peppers and chili. Cook until the onion is tender. Add the flour and mix well with oil.
- Then, add the chicken broth and potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. Add the corn and scallions and cook for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Finally, add black pepper. Serve and enjoy.
Lentil and Brown Rice Soup
- 200g lentils
- 1 handful of rice
- 1 spring of onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 liters of vegetable stock
- Chopped parsley
- Cut vegetables very tiny and put them to soften in a pan with some oil, add bay leaf and season.
- Sauté lentils and broth, and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Add pre-soaked brown rice the night before, stir and simmer another 20 minutes or so, salt correcting when necessary, add a little raw onion and simmer a little longer.
About the author