Published: 10/14/2010 - Updated: 09/09/2018
Tacos are a Mexican food based in tortilla, are very easy to make, rich and with the advantage that can be filled with almost every dish. On this occasion, I share five ways to make tacos with vegetables which are highly nutritious, low in calories and they are the quickest to do.
How to make corn or flour tortillas?
- 200 g of white corn flour or whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cold water
Form a wreath with the flour. In the center, place the oil, salt and a few tablespoons of cold water. Let stand to form a thick dough. Incorporate water if necessary. Let stand and stretch until rectangles of 30 cm x 20 cm, approximately. Knead again and cut and form into balls with your fingers. Smack the ball of dough with a rolling pin to form a circular tortilla. Bake or fry and go!
Jamaican and pumpkin flower Tacos
- 12 flour tortillas
- 50 oz. of jamaican flowers hydrated
- 1 cup of pumpkin flowers
- 1 bar of cream cheese
- 6 leaves of chopped epazote
- 1 chopped serrano chile
- Milk, the necessary
- Long Sticks
- Oil for frying
- Chop the flowers, core and cut the peppers and chop the onion and epazote.
- Mix in a bowl the cream cheese and milk, add flowers, chili, onion, epazote and mix.
- Warm tortillas and roll stuffed making tacos. Fry in oil and dry in absorbent paper.
Mexican Soy Tacos
- 1 / 2 cup of granulated Soy
- Olive oil
- Red Pepper
- Grated carrot
- Taco flavoring (found in supermarkets)
- Garlic to taste
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Lettuce chopped (optional)
- Soak and drain the soybeans. Chop vegetables.
- Sauté and then add the soy and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in a cup of cold water and stir to incorporate, let it cook the minutes indicating in the package (2-3 minutes).
- Heat the tortillas and serve. Place the guacamole and chopped fresh vegetables in separate bowls to fill each taco to taste. Enjoy.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 pepper (chile)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 red or green pepper (optional)
- Oyster mushroom
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked corn kernels (optional)
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh or dried parsley (optional)
- Soy sauce or salt to taste
- Soybean oil or olive oil to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the guacamole:
- Cut 1 avocado in small pieces, 1 tomato cut into quarters, chop an onion into small pieces and pour into a blender, add soy sauce or salt to taste, add soy or olive oil in small quantities.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh cilantro and parsley, add pepper to taste, blend the ingredients until desired consistency, and now our guacamole is ready.
For our taco filling:
- Cut carrot into julienne, cut mushrooms into strips, cut peppers into strips, cut pepper (chile) very thin and leave some seeds and veins if you want more spicy, chop garlic brunoise, heat a frying pan with soybean oil or olive oil and pour the vegetables, add pepper and soy sauce or salt to taste, sauté 5 to 6 min. Approx. (The idea is that the plants are below)
- The filling for tacos may vary according to taste. For the decoration: Cut 1 small piece of avocado (avocado) and a tomato into strips and arrange it on the stick, sprinkle sesame seeds and fresh parsley, and place in a lettuce leaf side.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 2 leeks
- 100 g of fresh mushrooms
- 1 pepper (chile)
- Black pepper
- In a wok, sauté red pepper cut into thin strips, sliced onions, diced zucchini and eggplant into thin strips. Cook on high fire, leaving 1 minute cooking time between each plant and the above order. Finally, add the mushrooms cut into quarters. Season with pepper and chopped chives. Allow to cool.
- Place some of the stuffing on each dough rectangle, wind it and close it with a stick. Fry in hot oil.
- When browned, remove and place on absorbent paper.
- At serving time, cut them in half. Accompany with boiled white corn salad, endive leaves into strips and celery leaves, drizzled with a vinaigrette of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 6 raw carrots
- 1 / 2 kg. of fresh cheese
- 1 / 2 kg. of tortilla
- Oil for frying
- 1 avocado
- 1 lettuce
- 2 red tomatoes
- Toss grated carrots with cheese and place the mixture into the tortillas to make tacos.
- Fry. Cut lettuce salad, and placed on the avocado slices and tomatoes.