Published: 05/01/2009 - Updated: 10/16/2018
It is clear that physical activity is one of the best allies to lose weight, combined with a balanced and healthy diet. And certainly, if it is to lose weight, we can say that swimming is the biggest benefit for our body, and shapes our figure, and makes work all muscles.
Burn fat in the water
It is proved that the way to burn fat in the water is aerobic swim pace, i.e. more than 30 minutes and it starts to burn fat. It should be borne in mind that an aerobic work implies a steady and smooth way, not necessarily shake, but should get to keep a pace comfortable to our body.
For example, one can swim 1000 to 2000 meters per day, but if you want to burn fat, you should get to swim 4000 meters.
Advantages of swimming
- Swimming is a sport that goes well with any diet because it can be done according to the level of intensity and develops the muscles.
- Swimming works almost your whole body, and the practice of this sport prevents the risk of further injury or pain, either by accident or by age.
- In particular, swimming is very good for the column.
To achieve a good training, you should be borne in mind that the distance is according to you, although each week should be overcame. You can also have a pull.
- Heat / stretch for 15 minutes
- With the pull in hand, croll with only one arm, then switch arms
- With both arms, legs quiet, with a pull between the legs move not only directed
- Croll complete
- Same as above and then back to the other
- Full back
- Breast or chest-style single arm
- Full Fathom
- Discharge the relaxing pace of exercises, tumbling, short dives, etc..
Take into account that:
- All must be done without a long rest
- Exceeded every day
- It is very important to follow the rhythm in the breath and the speed (intensity)
A good alternative to swimming is work in the water. Aquagym practice is a very complete and takes all the benefits associated with exercise in the water to improve the physical condition. Along with swimming, has a therapeutic effect and very favorable, helping to bring wellness in body and mind.
Ideally, practice aquagym on a regular basis, at least an hour twice a week. This will improve the cardiorespiratory condition, flexibility, overall motor coordination, speed and agility. Besides correcting the posture, helps to relax the condition, provides the individual a more youthful appearance and diminish the likelihood of contracting diseases.
Among its benefits, the psychological level, it is stated that water gymnastics provides greater resilience to stress, improve self-confidence and self-esteem and help prevent psychosomatic illnesses such as depression or phobias.
And the mere fact of being in the water causes pleasure and relieves muscle tension, causing a great physical and mental wellbeing.
And as more muscle fibers are used, there is a greater caloric expenditure than in traditional gymnastics, this exercise is ideal for combating overweight almost without realizing it.
Another advantage of aquagym practice is that we avoid the heat and humidity of summer.
So when talking about the aquatic fitness or aquagym, we refer to the practice of exercises in the water. Thus, it is twice the effort in the area and burning more calories, also water constantly massage the body and exercise here is more relaxing.
Among the exercises in the water include a list of variant:
- Relaxation of water
- It is ideal if you lead a very sedentary life, overweight or if you have back problems, if you're not in shape or very stressed.
- This will tighten your muscles, styling your body smoothly, burn calories and eliminate stress.
- It is 100% secure. Exercising in water is less damaging, and you do not have to bear the weight of your body and get the jump or move impact.
- Beat the heat. It's the best way to train without suffering overstraining involving high temperatures. Avoid dehydration and fainting.
2 to 3 sessions per week are sufficient to obtain maximum benefits.
The aquagym is ideal for
- People with mild or moderate cardiorespiratory problems.
- Sedentary people and with reduced physical activity in their daily lives.
- Psychomotor, coordination and overall dynamic balance both static and dynamic.
- Lack of muscle tone, hypotonia and atrophy general.
- Low mobility and joint flexibility.
- Nervous, anxious, stressed and hard to relax people.
- Problems of low self-esteem, poor self-expression and become negative in general.
- Bad postural attitude.
- Lack of pace and agility.
- General injuries throughout the spine (cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
- And all those lovers of the aquatic environment, and wanting to exercise.