Published: 04/17/2013 - Updated: 05/24/2016
Almonds are one of the most beneficial foods that exist in nature, and contain a large percentage of antioxidant. Almond is one of the best sources of calcium. Also, preparing almond milk is simple, and this can prepare super nutritious smoothies and drinks.
Benefits of almond milk:
In contrast to cow's milk, almond milk has no harmful cholesterol, digestion is excellent because it contains enzymes unpalatable as cow's milk, which contains enzymes with which our stomach has to battle, plus that is absorbed easily allowing proper assimilation of all nutrients.
Therefore, cow's milk is not recommended for anyone, especially those who suffer from colitis, gastritis, swollen abdomen, cellulite, obesity, cholesterol, liver or kidney problems, triglycerides, etc.
- A glass of almond milk or eating 3 or 4 almonds a day is equivalent to eating enough calcium to our diet.
- The almond contains minerals and essential nutrients for the health of the nervous system, so contralateral diets recommend it in anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity, etc.
- Almond milk is low in sodium but high in potassium, so it is helpful in cases of loss of potassium as diarrhea, vomiting, etc.., in cases such as hypertension, edema, heart disease, kidney and liver cirrhosis.
- They are a natural source of energy very beneficial for the body, an almond contains about 160 calories, within which no plant proteins, carbohydrates and fat beneficial for the heart, skin and brain.
- It is high in monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), beneficial to health, especially to combat heart disease.
- They are rich in vitamin E, an essential vitamin for the skin and tissues and one of the largest sources of antioxidants, which also serves to prevent aging, such as preventive and curative of a long list of heart conditions. The great contribution of vitamin E in almonds makes the difference with other nuts like walnuts or pistachios.
- Furthermore, almonds provide magnesium, riboflavin and niacin.
- They are a great source of fiber, help to regulate the flow and decrease intestinal abdominal inflammations, as well as to combat constipation and promote blood circulation.
- A almond is considered a natural aspirin and containing salicylic acid, one of the active agents of aspirin, which should bring the effects of this drug.
- They have a high caloric and protein content so they are great for the nervous system and as intestinal antiseptic.
- An ideal food for diabetics and for children growing.
- Almonds can be used to treat osteoporosis and in cases of arthritis, it is recommended to follow a diet rich in fresh vegetables and 15 to 20 almonds a day.
- Combats anemia and is very useful in cases of anorexia or bulimia.
- It is one of the best foods for pregnant women and breast-feeding.
Nutritional content from 100g of almonds
- Minerals: Calcium (240 mg.) And magnesium
- 20 g. protein.
- 14 g. fiber.
- 612 Calories.
- 54 g. carbohydrate.
- Vitamin E (24 mg.) And folic acid.
How to make almond milk?
- Use fresh almonds.
- You need a glass of water and12 almonds.
- Let soak almonds overnight.
- In the morning, remove the skin of almonds.
- Blend the almonds in water until they are well blended.
- If you like you, can cast using a special fabric or just drinking with lumps of almonds which are also very nutritious.
Almond milk should not be boiled or hot as the heat destroys antioxidants and nutritional value of almonds.
To prepare a super nutritious smoothie, add a piece of fruit, whether strawberries, banana or papaya, and add a tablespoon of chia. Ground very well and drink before leaving to your work home, you will feel really good, plus you won’t gain a lot of weight and will be very well nourished and energetic.