Published: 05/11/2007 - Updated: 02/06/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
Alfalfa is a legume which has a grass root that is between 9 and nearly 30 meters deep, which gives the advantage to absorb subsoil minerals and chemicals that are extremely powerful. The plant makes the miracle of converting inorganic air and water elements in the alive soil. The strongest support power of alfalfa is enzymes and chlorophyll.
Enzymes and alfalfa
Enzymes are catalysts that control chemical reactions in living organisms, including accelerating the oxygen, uptake of proteins, minerals, vitamins, nitrogen, etc. using each cell of the body. Enzymes produce miracles in all processes that need to perform to keep the body alive, and among many of its functions, we must know how age weakens certain organs when we lose the ability to produce enzymes required: hair falls out, the skin begins to lose elasticity and firmness, the vital organs are sick more easily and weaken. Enzymes are an "energy" essential for life and are found in most plants, but we must take into account that the enzymes are very sensitive and can be easily destroyed by irritants such as drugs, vinegar, medicine, etc. Also, are destroyed with heat, to exceed 50 degrees centigrade. Raw Alfalfa is a rich source of enzymes, used in salads or even in tablets is of great help to begin to regain strength and energy that the body requires.
Uses of alfalfa
- It is a food that is a big help to strengthen cardiovascular functions, for optimal functioning of the liver, lungs and kidneys.
- It helps to quit addictions like snuff and alcohol
- Smoothies of parsley, lemon, guava and alfalfa, combined with oats, sesame seeds, bran or other cereal with nuts, sweetened with honey or molasses to help the production of red blood cells, the rapid regeneration of cells and cleanse and vitalize the body.
- The large amount of chlorophyll and vitamins that this herb contains makes it one of the favorite foods among those concerned about their body: contains large amounts of vitamins D, K, A and E.
- Provides 8 important enzymes, among which is the protease and lipase, which are responsible for digesting proteins and effectively dissolving fat.
- Alfalfa contains calcium, chlorine, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and sodium.
It is important to consume the raw form of alfalfa, well washed and preferably organic. Then we share a delicious liquid to fill with energy and nourish your skin and vital organs.
- Half slice of pineapple
- Three handful of alfalfa
- Two tablespoons of oats
- Juice of three lemons
- Honey to taste
- You can add almonds, walnuts or If you like amaranth
Blend all and it is ready. Drink sipping, do not strain and, if necessary, chew. If you drink in the morning before any food, it is ideal.
About the author