Published: 04/30/2009 - Updated: 11/05/2017
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
When one thinks of bacteria usually reaches the image or idea of pathogens or harmful to the body because of the fame that had been created as the same cause various diseases such as cholera, syphilis, typhoid, diphtheria, scarlet fever, etc., and the most common and fatal bacterial respiratory infections such as tuberculosis, resulting in a death rate of two million people a year.
However, one must know that not all bacteria are as we believe, there are a lot of them which are beneficial, are acidophilus bacilli, which are created in the intestine half acid side to the pathogenic bacteria. In most people, especially those with an intestinal poisoning and saturated fat and accumulated debris, there is a percentage of harmful bacteria in a 80% to 20% of benign bacteria.
This imbalance, which causes large and severe health problems of all kinds, can be varied when taking into account the quality of food and eating habits, but especially when it increases consumption which destroy crops of acidophilus agents being poison harmful to the body, causing, as mentioned, many intestinal disorders and making the body more prone to all kinds of infections, allergies and general weakness.
In dietitian, acidophilic (which means "lover of acid environments”) is the generic name given to a group of probiotic products, a name that is used to describe a number of bacterial preparations such as yoghurt, a product that helps to regenerate and restore intestinal flora, removing accumulated waste and putrid substances that prevent an optimal overall functioning of the body.
Some of these bacteria that produce certain probiotics are: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Streptococcus thermophilus. Any of those bacteria can be added to milk and certain kinds of medicinal wines intended to make them able to regenerate and restore the intestinal flora. Among all bacteria mentioned, only Lactobacillus acidophilus is considered a genuine acidophilic.
Food with acidophilic bacteria:
Yogurt, the buttermilk, kefir and fermented milk drinks are ideal to help promote a healthy environment in the area of the gut, the environment that will strengthen the immune system.
Recommended ways of consuming a acidophilic product and get advantage
If you feel you do not have good digestion, you often get sick or have any allergies or suffer from diverticulosis or intestinal problems, you will most likely need to provide substantial aid to your health intestines. The best thing here is to choose a probiotic product and the first food consumed in the morning and at day's end. You must ensure that the probiotic product is as homely as possible, the kefir, for example, is excellent for this purpose. you should, over time, avoid the following foods.
Food which destroy healthy intestinal environment:
- The refined sugar
- Excessive consumption of red meat: the people who have other meat in the intestines or eat meat more than 2 times per day create a lot of intestinal putrefaction where beneficial bacteria could not be sufficient to eliminate harmful bacteria.
- Cooked foods are not good to encourage the bacteria, so it is recommended that die is at 60% or 70% raw.
- Penicillin and pharmaceutical remedies tend to destroy such bacteria.
- Pharmacy laxatives are strong irritants of the intestines, do not allow a natural evacuate the bowel, making it loose with time and triggering a series of consequences either.
Food that promotes a healthy intestinal environment:
- Food with probiotics.
- Consumption of raw vegetables.
- Rennet is an easily digestible food, rich in enzymes, excellent for the growth of acidophilic bacteria. It must be heated to produce 2 liters of milk until it is warm. Once hot milk, add a cup of plain yogurt without sugar or preservatives, or whey. Put this mixture in the oven with the pilot turned on or in a warm place and let it sit there 4 to 8 hours, depending on temperature. Drink when it is ready.
- Alfalfa tablets: ideal to combat the diverticula and to strengthen and cleanse the intestinal area, especially to eliminate those bumps where toxic waste is concentrated, called diverticula.
- The use of kefir is recommended.
- Taking aloe and prickly pear juice promotes a healthy intestinal environment.
In short, the acidophilic foods are natural antibiotics effective against potentially harmful organisms. One of the most important sources for the development of these bacteria is beneficial to consume yogurt or homemade kefir as possible, these products have many nutritional and therapeutic benefits. However, many brands on the market contain low quality acidophilus or sometimes none of these properties due to industrial processing.
Acidophilus supplements also appear to be an appropriate option. These can be found in the natural form of capsules, tablets, powder or liquid.
About the author