Published: 05/01/2009 - Updated: 07/11/2016
It is a food that has yogurt consistency which is prepared by mixing various yeast and bacteria added with water or milk. It is of creamy consistency, but can also have acid milk aspect, very nutritious for intestinal health. It was known and used in Europe since antiquity, where the bacteria or yeast was developed from camel milk. Later, the product was developed with mare's milk, cow and goat milk.
Fresh milk is an ideal for the preparation of this food, where kefir is growing healthy. However, it is almost impossible to get fresh milk currently. It has many curative and preventive properties, as it provides a benign environment where bacteria can survive in the intestines, fighting all kinds of harmful bacteria and helping to eliminate waste and poisonous rotting in this area.
There are 3 types of kefir: the milk, tea and water. From milk kefir is obtained a kind of yogurt, a drink of water like a sparkling lemonade, tea and herbal drinks. The most popular is the milk kefir, but the three with have the same elemtents.
To cultivate a kefir is necessary that somebody gives us a bit of this fungus cure, which will added to water or milk. If you care it well, the kefir is constantly growing as it is a hub of live microorganisms that create a kind of nodes that are duplicated each time requiring more space and food. If it is doubled, you can give to other people to benefit from it.
Therapeutic properties of kefir:
- It prevents intestinal putrefaction.
- Helps cleanse the body.
- Produces the synthesis of vitamin B complex, remain a significant source of potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins.
- Helps to absorb and assimilate nutrients.
- Prevents gas and poor digestion.
- Promotes nourishing and restored flora.
- Regulates the intestinal transit.
- Strengthens defenses against both viral and bacterial infections.
- Reduces cholesterol levels and risk of colon cancer.
- Great help in cases of diverticulosis.
- Transforms the putrefaction in intestinal fermentation.
- Helps clean colon.
- Breaks down the nutrients in milk by making it more digestible.
- A mild kefir is a laxative while somewhat concentrated will be astringent.
- Removes bacteria in our intestines preventing many diseases.
How do I care it?
If we are unable to attend for more than 3 days, must be left in water with sugar in the fridge. If the absence will be longer, it will be necessary to drain, dry and frozen. On this basis, it holds several months. When you return, you must defrost slowly, first put in the refrigerator and then remove it. Preference must rehydrate with water and sugar about 2 or 3 days before leaving to produce the fermented beverage.
How do I take it?
You can drink or add to fruit smoothies, using as a yogurt substitute, adding some fruit or cereal. You can also make ornaments to add to soups or as a special touch, and it can be used in place of conventional cream made from animal cream. You can also prepare highly nutritious foods such as bread. If you want some recipes, you can consultof our special recipes based on kefir.
Where do you get iy?
Find someone who you can give it to you.
Step by step how to prepare:
The preparation of kefir is not too complicated but if not done properly, you will never get the traditional food. When you get a lump of kefir, you can follow this simple recipe that we have collected for you:
Preparation of kefir
- ¾ l. of milk
- 150 g. of kefir nodules
- 1 glass of 1 liter
Note: For the first time to make the kefir, you need a big spoonful of nodules and quarter liter of milk. When nodules are slowly growing, add more milk. Ratios also depend on whether we prefer to be more clear or more thick.
- We put the milk, at room temperature in the container. Add nodules kefir, cover and let it stand.
- Strain kefir nodules. The kefir will have an astringent effect if we strain past 36 hours and gently laxative if we train past 24 hours.
- Once strained, reintroduce into the milk.
Preservation of kefir:
- The nodule should be washed with water and the container once a week.
- We need to protect from excessive heat or cold.
- To make the slow fermentation process, if we take a few days, we can put it in the fridge. If we are going to be more than a week without taking it, we can conserve water and nodules in the refrigerator.
- It should be borne in mind that: The tools we use to prepare kefir (a pot and a strainer), better should not be of aluminum because the material is not stable in medium acid, as in the kefir, and could transfer harmful particles.
- The kefir, brings the benefits of milk without hinder the digestive process. Regenerates the intestinal flora and has antibiotic and antiviral effect. In external use is a powerful antiseptic that helps heal wounds.
The best of Healthy Food
You have not found what you were looking for?