Oatmeal is a food rich in high biological value proteins, carbohydrates and fats, plus it contains a number of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Oatmeal contains six of the eight amino acids essential for proper protein synthesis, and is the cereal with the highest percentage of vegetable fat. One hundred grams of oatmeal cover a third of our daily requirement of essential fatty acids.
Oat is superior to other cereal as a protein source. It contains sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B6 and vitamin E. It is highly recommended for optimal bowel function.
Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread
Yield: one loaf for 3 or 4 people
- 3 eggs
- 1 green apple
- 325 g of brown sugar
- 150 g of honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 150 g of corn oil
- 1 ground clove
- A good black coffee (or natural substitute for coffee)
- 250 g of wheat flour
- 10 g of Baking powder
- 150 g of nuts
- 100 g of raisins
- 100 g of dried fruit
- 150 g of rolled oats
- Place eggs in a food processor, peel apple and cut into chunks, add brown sugar, honey, cinnamon oil, clove. Process until creamy.
- Add the coffee and put to a bowl.
- Sift flour with baking powder, mix with oats and add to mixture, integrating until smooth .
- Finally add nuts, raisins and dried fruit.
- Pour into a buttered mold, or several smaller molds.
- Bake in oven at 180 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
- Unmold and garnish with dried fruits and nuts.
This is a highly nutritious dish for children to eat breakfast (or yourself) before going to school.
Yield: 2 people
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPhytomedicine: Past and Present
- 250 ccs of water
- 250 ccs of soy milk
- 75 grams of rolled oats
- 4 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- A cup of amaranth in "pop"
- Raisins to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put in a pan the water and milk to a boil.
- Sprinkle the oats over the boiling milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat, let it cook for 15 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add salt and continue cooking 5 to ten minutes, until the consistency of a porridge.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, amaranth and raisins.
Cheese and oatmeal Meatballs (or tofu)
Serves: 2-3 people
- 4 slices of toasted black bread
- Half a cup of oatmeal
- 80 grams of fresh cheese (or tofu) grated
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Salt to taste
- Olive oilcold pressed
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAzukis Recipes
- Grind fine bread and nuts
- Add to this mix the grated cheese or tofu, oats , garlic and onion.
- Integrate well and then add the egg and salt.
- Serve with a salad of spinach or alfalfa to increase the proper use of the food.
Oats and soy croquettes (very nutritious for a healthy children's lunch)
- 500 g of soy meat ( ham)
- One cup of raw oats and ground
- Medium onion, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- An egg
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A sprig of Thyme
- A pinch of pepper
- Grind meat as possible.
- Toss the meat with the onion, salt, pepper, egg and half a cup of rolled oats.
- Make small balls with this dough (croquettes). If too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Once ready the balls, pass them through the rest of the ground oats to coat completely .
- In a pan with hot oil and sprig of thyme, fry the croquettes.
Oat and tomato soup
Serves: 3 people
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- ½ liter of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. of rolled oats
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Place in a saucepan water, onion, garlic and celery. Boil a few minutes.
- Add the broth and add the oats.
- Add carrots and tomatoes.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Add the oil.
- Blend preparation, season and serve.
About the author