Published: 03/01/2010 - Updated: 02/13/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
Fiber is essential for intestinal health (and general), you must include every day foods that contain fiber to avoid constipation, stomach or intestinal problems, overweight, swollen belly, skin problems, hemorrhoids, weak immune system, allergies, colitis, gastritis, etc. Foods rich in fiber include legumes, vegetables, whole grains, fresh fruits, etc..
Eating fiber is not something that has to be boring, there are delicious recipes you can come up so you never get tired of eating healthy and well. The recipes that follow are suitable for everyone, but especially recommended for those wishing to lose weight, if you have intestinal problems or suffer from constipation, bloating belly, allergies, or get sick often.
- 2 medium beets
- 2 cups of sprouts (soy or amaranth)
- 2 medium fresh carrots
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- Wash and brush the vegetables, peel the beets and carrots and grate by hand or with the processor. Besides, shred the sprouts.
- Mix vegetables and sprinkle with lemon juice, olive oil, tamari, salt to taste and if you want a little toasted sesame.
- Stir well and decorate with chopped nuts.
Green beans salad
- Green beans
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper
- Sherry Vinegar
- Sea salt
- In a saucepan with a little salt and water, cook lentils.
- When they are cooked, drain and refresh in cold water, leaving them on standby.
- For green beans, cook in boiling water with salt and then cut them into strips
- Make a vinaigrette and mix with the lentils, then sprinkle with some finely chopped chives.
- This should give you a salad rich in fiber and very nutritious.
- A tender medium cactus
- A fresh stalk of celery
- A few sprigs of parsley
- Approximately four inches of aloe
- A glass of orange juice or grapefruit
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALAzukis Recipes
Blend all this, semi liquid, drink slowly, chewing it to ensure it is mixed with saliva. If you prefer, add a slice of pineapple or other fruit flavor to be changing. Drink this juice daily fasting and do not eat anything during the half hour that follows.
- 1 cooked and mashed banana (300 g)
- 3 eggs (165 g)
- 125g of spinach washed, sliced and cooked with salt and crushed
- 3 cups of cooked lentils, drained (120 g raw)
- 2 cups of cooked rice (120 g raw)
- 1 / 2 cup of oil for frying (120 ml)
- 1 piece of onion (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of flour (20 g)
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley (15 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (4 g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lentils with rice, spinach, banana, onion, parsley, flour and eggs previously beaten. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form cold portions of the mixture trying to shape pancakes. Cook. Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Serve hot accompanied by the sauce of your choice.
Apple and pear Salad
- ½ kilo of apples
- ½ kilo of pears, not too sweet and watery
- 1 lemon
- 4 slices of pineapple
- Three-fourths cup of Buttermilk or cream (or yoghurt homemade)
- A little brown sugar or molasses rice
- 1 can of cherries
- 200 g of chopped walnuts
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- Peel the apples and pears (or wash well and leave the shell).
- Cut into cubes and add the lemon juice over for not turning brown.
- Log the slices into medium cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the buttermilk and brown sugar.
- Add to the pineapple, apples and pears.
- Once the ingredients are well incorporated, add the nuts and cherries. You can serve Buttermilk cream in a separate container, but not mixed with fruit.
About the author
I just live these recipes, they look really delicious, easy to make and have many important ingredients in the diet to have a nice and healthy body. Surely I have to practice at least one of them, I think that the smoothie is a good choice in the mornings to take advantage of fiber since early.
HOW OFTEN YOU SHOULD CONSUME BEET IN A WEEK? I HAVE HEARD THAT IT IS NOT SO GOOD IF CONSUME IN GREAT QUANTITY, SO WHAT’S THE RECOMMENDATION? PLEASE ANSWER AS SOON AS YOU CAN
Thank you so much!! You have to be careful with fiber, however. While these recipes are great, and I’m sure they provide an ample amount of dietary fiber, consuming too much fiber can be really hard on the GI tract…I know from personal experience 😉 I used to eat those fiber one bars like they were going out of style, and it just tore my gut up.