Chicken is a white meat that is often recommended instead of red meat, because its fat content, after removal of the skin, is considerably less and is a lean source of protein.
Many people tend to prefer red meat for flavor, however, chicken can be absolutely delicious too!
1. Chicken with Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 grams of sliced mushrooms (you can use any mushrooms)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of white flour
- 450 grams of flattened chicken breasts (halved)
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- 1 ¼ cups of low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, heat butter and two teaspoons of olive oil, add the mushrooms, cook until tender and reserve in a bowl.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender. Reserve it along with the mushrooms.
- In a separate dish, serve the flour and season it, reserving 1 ½ tablespoons of flour. Cover the chicken breasts and remove the excess flour.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, and put the chicken on to cook, turning every so often so that it is browned on both sides. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Add wine to pan, simmer, stirring well for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and let simmer. Remove a little of the broth (1/4 cup) and stir into the flour you reserved earlier until smooth. Put the mixture in the pan, bringing it to the boil.
- Add chicken, onion and mushrooms in the pan, cook until the mixture thickens and the chicken is properly cooked through. Serve and sprinkle with parsley.
2. Chicken with Mustard Glaze
- ¼ cup of apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons of grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 chicken breasts without skin, boneless
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup of half-fat cream
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped rosemary
- Heat oven to 200 ° C, make a mixture with jam, mustard and lemon juice. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan suitable for the oven, add the chicken and rotate periodically until browned.
- Spread the top of the chicken with the mixture of jam and bake until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cut the cooked and sliced chicken breast and serve.
3. Chicken with cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of sliced red onion
- 700 g of flattened chicken breasts
- 1 cup of baby rocket (arugula)
- Mix the vinegar, mustard and garlic. Add the oil slowly, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste.
- Divide into two bowls. Put the tomatoes and onion in a bowl and chicken in another. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cover pan with olive oil spray to use on the grill and heat over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade.
- Roast the chicken in two parts, turning until golden and cooked through. Place it on a plate.
- Mix arugula, tomatoes and onion in a bowl, and cover the chicken dividing it into portions to serve.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
You have not found what you were looking for?