Published: 06/30/2015 - Updated: 04/03/2019
Author: Miriam Reyes1 Comments
Cellulite is created by adipose tissue that accumulates in certain areas of the body, giving the skin a wrinkly and uneven appearance that is often times compared to cottage cheese, which is why it is colloquially known by this term. Of course, lots of different factors are involved, from being sedentary, to stress, a poor diet, poor circulation, and more.
Contrary to popular belief, cellulite can appear in both individuals that are overweight, as well as thin individuals. It affects not only women, but men can have it as well, although generally in other areas of the body, like the arms and abdomen. Women generally get it in the thighs, the hips and the glutes.
Fighting cellulite requires an all-encompassing effort, as there is no single solution to it. We recommend making several changes in habits, like your diet, doing certain exercises, and including some sort of complementary practice, which could lead to very positive results.
It is very important that you eat a healthy diet, because poor dietary habits are reflected in the body, as are healthy habits.
1. Avoid simple sugars: caramels, sugar used for sweetening, ice cream, soft drinks, industrialized juices, pastries, and more, are sources of sugar that only serve to increase dietary calories. They provide no variety to dietary nutrients, which is why these foods are not recommendable at all.
2. Opt for whole grains: Not only do they contain dietary fiber that aids digestions, whole grains are also very nourishing and satiating. Change your white bread out for a whole grain version, white rice for whole grain, etc.
3. Eat enough fruits and vegetables: The modern diet tends to have very few of these highly recommendable foods included in it. Not only do they contain fiber that helps improve digestion, but they also contain the necessary nutrients for health and correct metabolism.
4. Choose healthy fats: Avoid butter, margarine, animal fats, and choose for plant-based fats, like olive oil, seeds and nuts, avocado, and more.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
5. Drink enough water: Natural juices are great every once in a while, but for a diet against cellulite, you definitely shouldn’t lack water. Water is what aids toxin elimination and improves the metabolism. That’s why you need to include enough water, preferably natural, in your daily diet.
Exercises to combat abdominal cellulite
In addition to dietary changes, it is important that you remember to exercise, which is another one of the most useful strategies.
6. 30 minutes of aerobic exercise: Walking, biking, aerobics, or any other physical activity that helps to burn calories is absolutely fundamental in your routine. We recommend doing 30 minutes of exercise 4 to 5 times a week, of any of these activities.
7. Ab exercises: Lay down on a comfortable surface, on an exercise mat, bend your knees toward the ceiling, and keep your feet on the ground by your hips. Place your hands behind your head, bend your body contracting your abs, and lift your head towards your knees. Try not to strain your neck during this exercise, nor should you pull your shoulders forward. Do 3 sets of 12 reps, resting for 30 seconds between sets.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALYerba Mate: Preparation, Properties and more
8. Hip Flex: This is a simple exercise that can help to reduce cellulite. Just stand with your feet hip distance apart. Raise your arms to chest height, knuckles facing out, and move your waist from the left to the right.
Natural Alternatives and Complementary Practices
And lastly, you can use some of the alternatives and other natural options to help you win the war against cellulite, including the following:
9. Massage: Reduction and anti-cellulite massages can help improve circulation, thereby helping to prevent and eliminate cellulite in the affected area. Give yourself a massage often to see the best results.
10. Anti-cellulite creams: Oils and creams to improve cellulite can be useful, but you should remember that these are only complementary practices, and therefore must be used consistently for results.
11. Mesotherapy: This consists of getting substances injected to help improve toxin elimination from tissues, along with circulation. This can help eliminate cellulite, but you need to remember that this too is a complimentary practice, and consistency is important.
About the author
Great tips you guys, you did a great job with this article. I’m really glad that you included tips regarding diet, because I thik that so many people assume that just because you’re working out you can eat whatever you want…which is not the case.