Vegetable proteins are highly digestible, have fats that are beneficial to the body and have higher biological value and energy. Eating raw vegetable foods provides the body with high-quality protein; these foods are excellent carriers of life energy, enzymes and healthy fats. Foods rich in vegetable protein are legumes, vegetables, seeds, yeast, algae, soya, tofu, amaranth, almonds, etc.
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- a dash of lime juice
- 1 large carrot
- 1 leek
- 1 handful of spinach, red
- 200 g of firm tofu
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- Cut the carrots into thin sticks, the leek in the same way, and the tofu into cubes.
- Bring to boil in a large pot, combine vegetable broth, soy sauce and ginger. When it boils, add the lime juice, carrot and leek. Lower the heat and leave it half covered, until vegetables are tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach (spinach red are the ones with the red stem, are more tender and sweeter), and tofu. After a minute, remove the ginger, add a little more soy sauce. Serve in bowls.
Pasta with mushrooms
- 350 g (12 oz) of pasta (farfalle, spiral, etc.)
- 180 g (7 oz) of mushrooms sliced thin
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) of mushrooms, stemmed and sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick slices
- ¼ cup of sherry
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, chopped
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 / 3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring to a boil a large pot of salted water. When water boils, add pasta and cook for 11 minutes, approximately, or until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet along with onion. Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, then reduce heat and continue cooking until the onion is lightly browned and tender.
- Add the sherry and again increase the heat, stirring until it has evaporated, about 40 seconds. Add then the broth and boil 2 minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan, in lower heat and cook the broth for 2 minutes. Add thyme, tabasco and correct seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot. Add the mushrooms and their juice over the pasta and mix.
- Serve immediately in bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Half a glass of red wine
- A good splash of soy sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Bread crumbs
- An egg (or egg substitute for vegans or intolerant to it)
- Herbs to taste
- Cheese (or vegan cheese for vegans or lactose intolerant)
- A handful of soybeans
- Hamburger bread
- Ketchup, mayonnaise to taste.
- First, we have to hydrate the soybeans by pouring hot water and leaving it for ten to fifteen minutes, while finely chop the garlic and parsley, throw in a bowl, add the oregano, wine, soy sauce and if you want any herb (eg thyme, rosemary).
- Once soybeans are hydrated, drain them well (pressing them) and mix with ingredients that are in the bowl.
- Beat an egg, finally, add the breadcrumbs until the dough can be modeled (make balls that can crush without break or become too compact).
- Once given the form of hamburgers, grill them with a drizzle of olive oil.
- While browning, wash the lettuce, cut the tomato, onion, and put up the burger bread, onion rings, slices of tomato, and lettuce, you can include ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise.
- 100g. of Amaranth
- 1 cup of prepared textured soy
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 4 fresh eggs
- ½ cup of onion, finely chopped
- Oil for frying the necessary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a fork, crumble tuna apart and add to bowl along with remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste, the cakes are formed with a spoon and fry in hot oil until golden. Serve with a salad or sauce of your choice.
- If you want you can substitute tuna for cottage cheese.
- ½ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ofhoney
- 100 cc of hot soy milk
- 30 gr. of yeast dissolved in water
- 2 cups of amaranth flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Chopped walnuts to taste
- Mix hot water with olive oil, honey and milk, dissolve yeast and let ferment and add to the mix.
- Combine amaranth flour with salt and wheat flour.
- Add milk and knead until dough is soft and firm.
- Let the dough rest until doubled in volume.
- Return dough and place in a mold or make small breads, and bake