Did you know that practicing swimming for 40 minutes can burn up 500 calories, achieving a harmonious silhouette and more toned muscles? Not only that, but the rhythm of swimming releases stress, making you forget your tensions. Finally you feel more relaxed and with the necessary vitality to finish your daily activities.
Swimming is the most complete sport, with its practice, you work every muscle in the body and relax the entire spine and shoulders, so it is also recommended for those who suffer from back pain. In turn, it intensifies the activity of the heart, breathing and blood circulation.
Thanks to these benefits, people who practice swimming have a healthier and stronger immune system against disease. If we talk about losing weight, swimming is about the same as riding a bike. It is one of the fastest ways to burn fat and eliminate those extra pounds.
If you are a beginner it is recommended to practice it once or twice a week, not exceeding 45 minutes. The good thing is that swimming is a relaxing and fun activity that you can practice all year, with tempered swimming in the cold climate.
Swimming can be practiced by all the people regardless of age, if you have kids; you better start them early on this discipline. There are even introductory courses for babies from six months.
If you feel chubby, overweight and you're thinking in following some sort of "miracle diet" that a friend recommended you, it’s best to sign on a swimming course. Remember that you can only maintain an ideal weight by maintaining a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water and doing some exercise.
In this case, swimming is an important weapon and you can achieve a finer body, a firm buttock and outlined legs. The effect of water massage with muscle movements will ensure the elimination of pesky cellulite. In case you have not decided yet, the following are all the benefits you gain by doing this water sport.
What you can gain
- Your quality of life improves remarkably, delaying aging and increasing your chances of developing as a mobile and independent person.
- In the water, your muscles work five to six times more than on land, because the liquid is resistant to movement.
- Increases your muscle mass and tone, lengthens your muscles, gives them strength and harmony and enhance your silhouette.
- Increases the thickness of your bones, making them more resistant to shock and injury.
- In the water your body becomes more mobile and elastic. Swimming allows you to exercise the joints.
- Promotes the activity of cardio-respiratory system. With practice, you will improve the coordination of your breath and your movements.
Taking into account
Some people before practice need permission from a doctor.
When you have certain diseases that need a healing time, as a lung infection, bronchitis, asthma attacks or conditions to tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis and otitis.
Those suffering from loss of consciousness, epilepsy, diabetes, among others as well.
If you are going to swim, used¡ rubber slippers and cap to prevent outbreaks of eczema or some skin diseases,
If you have sensitive ears, it is best that you protect them with wax insulation pads.