The bell pepper is a vegetable with very effective properties and nutrients; it provides the body with a heavy dose of silicon and fluorine, which is very important for nail, hair and skin, and regulates the sebaceous glands. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help keep skin healthy and young, helps support the immune system and eradicate all kinds of infections.
The therapeutic properties of pepper are used by people suffering from gas, digestive problems, constipation, intestinal disorders, skin problems, hair loss, brittle nails, skin or greasy hair, suffering from cramps, inflammation and headaches. For these conditions, you should drink three glasses of carrot juice mixed with the juice of a green pepper and fresh spinach. Drink half a glass before each meal and snack to take small sips.
A juice daily helps health and beauty, it can be made of any vegetable, such as carrot and pepper, or parsley, lettuce, peppers and spinach, green beans or carrots, parsley, etc.
In addition, bell pepper is a plant with unique flavor which is used to prepare various dishes such as soups, salads, sauces, dressings, etc.
Here we share some recipes:
Pasta with Bell Pepper
- 1 package of pasta for spaghetti
- A bay leaf
- A few drops of vegetable oil
- A bell pepper
- A can of sliced mushrooms
- Half cream or plain yogurt without sugar
- 1 / 4 of cream
- Vegetable bouillon powder
- Boil the water with a pinch of salt, a few drops of oil and a bay leaf, when boiling, add the pasta.
- When this is cooked, drain and put in cold water. In a frying pan, add half stick of butter, add a green bell pepper, diced, when this soft, add medium can of sliced mushrooms, these should be golden brown when you put a pinch of chicken stock, add spaghetti dough mixing well, add half a can of half cream or yogurt and 1/4 of cream and season it with pepper broth and boil with the cream for 5 min.
Bell pepper Salad
Ingredients: (6 people)
- An oak lettuce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 or 3 oranges
- One-half cup of olive oil
- A teaspoon of honey
- A teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Wash each leaf of lettuce, taking care not to break the leaves. Once washed and dried, place leaves on a platter or large plate. These serve as a "green base" for the rest of the salad.
- Cut the red peppers and slice oranges. Place the oranges first, and then above them, the sliced peppers.
- Prepare the dressing. Mix oil, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and a little chopped thyme. If you wish, add a little lemon juice. Pour the dressing throughout the salad. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chayote
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- Put the pepper in juice extractor, or in the blender with the remaining ingredients, plus two cups of water. Blend everything well, pour the mixture into a bowl, add the remaining water, season to taste with salt,
- Stir everything well, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Pepper and carrot juice
- 6 carrots
- 1 / 4 green pepper
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Wash the carrots and parsley well, cut carrots into small pieces.
- Wash and chop the green pepper into thin strips. Put in the food processor and drink fresh.
- 3 red and orange peppers
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 25 grams of whole wheat flour
- One egg yolk
- A quart of milk
- Sea salt
- A little nutmeg
- Melt 50 grams of butter and add flour. Turn and slowly add the hot milk and the peppers, seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg, simmer 10 minutes.
- Off the heat, add one egg yolk and a little butter.