We picked plums as an ingredient of the week for their great nutritional benefits and healing. They are widely used in the kitchen to prepare delicious sauces, stews, desserts (gelatins, cakes, cookies, etc.) and tropical waters and juices with amazing curative effects. Plums are excellent natural laxatives, ideal for constipation and bowel problems, and contain much vitamin C. It is rich in fiber, especially pectin, fructose and sulfur.
Spicy plum sauce (for bathing meat, dressings, stews, tacos, etc.)
- One cup of black prunes, without bone
- pasilla or chipotle chile to taste
- 2 ripe red tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- A trickle of water
- A pinch of brown sugar
- Boil together plum with chile in two cups of water. Then, you have to grind this along with the tomato, the pinch of sugar and salt to taste, leaving small pieces of plum and chile. This gives you a taste and is a very traditional.
- Then Fry the sauce in the skillet a few minutes to grab flavor.
- Serve with salsa and bathes your stew.
Chicken breast with plum
- 5 chicken breasts, fresh
- 10 gr. Of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed
- 2 cl. of lemon juice
- 2 cl. of amontillado dry sherry
For plums macerated
- 4 plums
- 1 / 4 liters of water
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- a cinnamon stick
- a glass of sweet sherry
For the spicy-sweet vinaigrette:
- 1 dl. of virgin olive oil
- one tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon of passion fruit pulp
- a roasted piquillo pepper, chopped
- half finely chopped hot green pepper
- a pinch of ginger powder
- a pinch of brown sugar
For Guirlache Banana:
- 120 gr. of brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas from the Canary Islands
- 30 gr. of chopped almonds
- 30 gr. of chopped hazelnuts
- one tablespoon of oil seeds
- spinach leaves briefly scalded with boiling water and salt to cut the size of chicken pieces
- Scallop chicken breast. Mix in a bowl the remaining ingredients. Spread this mixture with the scallops chicken on all sides. Place them on a plate covered with film. Have 3 or 4 hours in the refrigerator. After this, place the marinated Scallops on a grill or barbecue (no fire, just smoke with ashes), smoke chicken and a few moments stay. Cut scallops in half.
- Macerated plums To: Cook plums in the water with sugar and cinnamon, about 8 minutes and drain. Roll the stone away and leave one hours previously macerated in Oporto.
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk in a bowl the various fruit juices slowly adding the oil. Add remaining ingredients, stir lightly and leave to stand half an hour.
- For Guirlache banana: Develop a blond caramel with the sugar. Put in the oven almonds and hazelnuts, but not toasted and peeled bananas. Grind the flesh until a thick cream. Incorporate nuts and banana cream caramel. Pour Guirlache on an oiled plate. When cold and hard, grind to reduce to dust.
- Final and presentation: Place in a side dish of chicken interspersed with layers of plums and spinach. Some vinaigrette. Sprinkle over the crushed banana Guirlache.
Ham with plum
- 8 thick pieces of turkey, or vegetarian ham
- 1 Onion
- ½ pound of pitted dried plums
- 4 wild asparagus
- 16 slices of Mandarin
- 1 glass of white wine
- ½ liter of chicken broth
- 3 mandarin juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill hams with dried plums rehydrated in water, wild asparagus and slices of peeled tangerine add salt.
- Roll ham or tie with a rope called "bridle rope" or with a special mesh barbecue.
- Gently fry the onion in thin strips and when the rolls are golden add ham to brown.
- Dip a little white wine, cover the pan, lower heat to moderate and let them cook for about 1 hour.
- If necessary add a little chicken broth so it does not dry or we burn the rolls of ham.
- Once roasted, draw from the pot and add broth to the pot of chicken and tangerine juice with cornstarch dissolved in the juice.
- Put the fire of the pot and hope that the sauce thickens, strain this sauce and put a point of salt.
- Fillet hams along so that we see in cutting thick inside the stuffing asparagus, plum and tangerine.
- Put a plate for sauces and part of the thighs with tangerine sauce and accompany the dish with some mandarin slices sautéed in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and some Pitted prunes.
- OPTION: This dish can be made with chicken thighs.
Cinnamon and plum cake
- 1 pound of plums
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- A cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon
- 1 / 4 cup of red wine
- 300gr of flour
- 150 grams of margarine or butter
- Pinch salt
- 40 grams of sunflower seeds peeled unsalted
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place the plums, sugar, half a lemon skin and red wine in a dipper. Cover the pan and bring to high heat. Once boiling, lower the heat and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven heat to 175 º.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Add margarine or butter into small blocks and then begin to mix with your fingers. The manner of mixing is to take a handful of flour and butter, then rub your fingers against the thumb, making a shower of flour and butter. Gradually you will see that is becoming crumbs. Once all the crumbs are mixed, add sugar, sunflower seed, cinnamon, salt and mix well.
- Remove the skin of lemon and put the plums in a dish for the oven. If there is a lot of juice after cooking, remove and store in a little cup. Spread crumb mixture over the prunes to form a layer, the source and put in oven for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven once the top layer is golden. Serve hot.
- Two or three cups of red plums, strong and healthy
- For every pound of plums, add ¾ of a pound of brown sugar
- Wash under running water, drain, open and remove the bones. Weigh and each kilo of plums there will be three quarters of a kilo of sugar. Put the plums in a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with the spatula! Move to avoid sticking.
- After five minutes, the pulp is soft, remove the casserole from the fire, letting it cool slightly. Liquefy plums or pass through the sieve.
- Add the sugar and then put everything to simmer 15 minutes. It is removed from the heat and let stand for twelve hours before putting the jam in glass jars, which were well filled. Store in a cool place.