Tryptophan is an essential amino acid, so important because the body cannot produce by itself and has to synthesize food that humans consume in their diet. This amino acid fulfills important functions in the body among which participation in the release and synthesis of serotonin, a neurotransmitter responsible, inter alia, to produce pleasure and to synthesize and eliminate body fat.
This amino acid is present in a very unusual and irregular way in food; however, a balanced diet can help to take the daily levels of this amino acid corresponding to approximately 3grms. For a properly metabolize tryptophan is necessary that the body has adequate levels of vitamin B6 and magnesium, so these recipes have included ingredients that contain these three elements.
Salad of asparagus and almonds
- 4 asparagus
- 2 artichokes (heart)
- ¼ red pepper
- 1 medium French lettuce, washed and disinfected
- Dill Vinaigrette
- Almonds and walnuts chopped for garnish and decorate
- Steam artichokes and asparagus.
- Place on a platter a bed of lettuce and place the asparagus and hearts semi-cooked.
- Put the peppers on top, drizzle the vinaigrette and sprinkle with chopped almonds nuts.
Aromatic brown rice with soybean sprouts
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 6 cups of water
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- Two cups of soybean sprouts
- ½ curry powder
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- A teaspoon of tamari
- Boil water with salt in a saucepan and then add the rice and lemon. Place over medium heat.
- Stir-fry oil in a frying pan, onions, garlic, marjoram, sea salt, rosemary and curry. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, to avoid cold or brown.
- Once the rice has softened, add the rice to the sauce and put over medium heat along with the soybean sprouts. Cook 2 more minutes and off. Cover and let stand tightly covered.
Salmon with spinach
Ingredients (4 people)
- 750 grams of salmon
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Dill, 1 bunch
- ¼ cup of fish broth
- Sea salt to taste
- 375 grams of fresh spinach, washed and disinfected
- 2 teaspoons of white wine (optional)
- 30 grams of salmon roe
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Ground pepper to taste
- Remove skin and bones from the salmon and cut into thin fillets. Cook the spinach in salted water for 10 minutes, strain, drain and chop.
- Peel the onion and chop very finely. Heat half the oil in a skillet and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 5 minutes. Add flour, mix well and sprinkle with the wine and broth without stirring. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Grease with oil the bottom of an ovenproof dish, put a few sprigs of dill, place a third of the salmon on it, and season.
- Place half the spinach on salmon fillets, place salmon on them, season and cover with remaining spinach, ending with remaining salmon.
- Add salt and pepper, add more cumin and dill, drizzle with remaining oil and cover with foil. Place in the oven, preheated for 15 minutes at a strong power. Remove and serve with salmon roe on top.
Almond and Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups of whole oats
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup of pure honey
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon of royal
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 cups of pure water
- orange leaves
- Lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients and, separately, mix the liquids.
- Gently fold the two mixtures above, knead gently, adding a little water if it needs.
- Knead well until dough has a good consistency.
- Make the cookies giving them a proper way. Place them in a greased and floured refractory.
- Bake at 180 º C (in preheated oven) for 15 or 20 minutes or until golden.
Banana Smoothie (rich in lysine and other amino acids)
- 1 banana
- A glass of almond milk
- 1 fresh pear or mango
- One tablespoon of oats
- One tablespoon of amaranth
- Cereal molasses (to taste)
- Beat all the ingredients; add more almond milk if necessary or the taste of thick.
- Drink without straining, slowly. This liquid is very nutritious, nutrient amounts to a full breakfast.