Qi Gong (pronounced Chi Gung or Chi Kung) is part of traditional Chinese medicine (along with acupuncture, diet, massage, moxibustion, etc..). It is an alternative practice for prevention and support for diseases and for development and maintaining the overall health and longevity that has been practiced for over 3000 years. This practice was characterized by effects at physical, mental, and emotional. This practice is carried out with some martial arts exercises.
This is a very popular therapeutic tool, originally created with the intention of keeping the energy of the body in harmony and balance, and that this could reflect it in health. It is known that the practice of this alternative regulates the central nervous system, positively affecting other organs and systems, facilitating their proper role, strengthening the immune system and helping to regenerate cells vigorously.
Most important benefits:
- It is an excellent alternative that helps develop important qualities in the body such as elasticity, control and body harmony, creating a pleasant feeling of wellness and vitality from the first session.
- Influences directly the blood circulation and cardiovascular system, positively affecting such important organs as the heart. Within this system, there are several exercises for balance control and blood pressure. Therefore, the practice is recommended for people with hypertension, hypotension, circulatory problems, heart problems, arteriosclerosis, etc.
- Helps balance the emotional energy; it is very beneficial and very successfully to treat cases such as depression, fear, anger or despair, anxiety, stress, pressure, etc. The emotions are harmonized and this regulates their creative flow, which helps eliminate internal stress harmful that stagnates in joints, muscles, organs and systems, creating energy blockages that persist and eventually become diseases and ailments of all kinds.
- It helps treat headaches, migraine, gastritis, cardiovascular disease, insomnia, poor eye, paralysis, diabetes, paralysis, degenerative diseases, asthma, etc.
- Enhances the functions of right brain, where reside the analog and intuitive aspects.
- Strengthens the immune system, making it resistant to the person to avoid catching and eradicate diseases.
- Extraordinary effect on the digestive system, gastrointestinal movements and facilitates the secretion of gastric juices.
- Helps regulate metabolism and hormone secretion from the glands, which influences weight regulation, and so on.
- Help to create balance and inner harmony.
- Harmonizes the nervous system, helping to balance the regulation of excitation / inhibition.
- Reduces recovery time or disease.
- Helps create states of deep relaxation and concentration, and reconnect the mind with positive energy.
- Helps create states of creativity and clear fluids.
- Qi Gong is an excellent way to select talents of mind and imagination and creativity.
- Helps to breathe and move harmoniously.
- Increases energy astonishingly vital: if you normally take place between 17 o18 breaths per minute, an expert practitioner of Qi-gong may reduce the respiratory rate to 2 or 3 breaths per minute without being suffocating.
- Helps therapists and doctors in general to create greater sensitivity curative.
- Develops creative approach and ability to visualize.
- In children: it is especially useful to help them develop greater concentration, better control of their bodies and emotions, to solve the problems of bedwetting, anxiety, hyperactivity, myopia, nervousness, and so on. Ideal for sick or depressed children. It helps develop their body in harmony.
In older adults, helps them regain vitality, strength, elasticity, memory and quality of sleep and life.
The practice of qi gong can be practiced by anyone of any age, and can be combined with other health alternatives. It is based on three fundamental principles:
- The control or regulation of Sheng (physical body).
- The control or regulation of Qi (energy).
- The control or regulation of the Shen (spirit).