The muesli is a delicious and nutritious blend of grains, nuts, oilseeds and honey. Currently, it is a food recommended by the best specialists in food, as it is considered as a perfect food to meet basic food needs.
Muesli vary the content depending on brand but usually contains, among other ingredients, which are mentioned below:
Cereals: oatmeal, soy flakes, wheat germ, millet seeds, etc. . These grains contain abundant vitamins A and E, and B complex vitamins. Cereals are rich in minerals such as phosphorus, phosphatides, albumin, protein, etc.
Honey: considered highly nutritious food because it contains lots carbohydrates, iron, calcium , in addition to purifying, regenerative and disinfectant properties.
Nuts: bring lots of vitamins, minerals and vegetable protein.
Apples: contain important minerals like potassium, vitamins C, B1, and carbohydrates.
Oilseeds: rich in protein, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins B1, B2.
This nutritious food can be consumed in various ways, and offers the possibility to combine in a variety of tasty and healthy recipes like the ones mentioned below:
Preparation of homemade muesli
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of wheat, rice, barley, rye, millet, soybeans crushed
- One tablespoon of yeast flakes (vitamin B)
- Fresh fruit (especially apples) or dried to taste, cut into small pieces. If the fruit is fresh, muesli should be consumed the same day
- Plain yogurt
- Pollen (optional)
- Sesame to taste
- Pure honey, without attachment
- Nuts and crushed almonds, not too old
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add honey and yogurt to taste.
- It should be used once a day, especially at breakfast.
- In this recipe you can add or take away ingredients to taste.
Delicious muesli bars
Yield: 5 servings
- 450 grams of muesli
- 30 g of sesame
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil cold pressed
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 45 grams of brown sugar
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- While the oven is heated, spread on a tray a little oil to prevent sticking the muesli.
- Mix in a bowl all ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are well integrated, stretch the dough on greased tray and flattens the dough leaving a thickness of 2 cm.
- Put in the oven and wait 15 to 25 minutes until dough is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Cut into the desired shape and size.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve this delicious food cold ... ideal for children's lunch!
Soy meat terrine with orange muesli
Yield: 6 servings
- 250 gr. of soy meat for hash
- 200 gr. of unsweetened muesli
- 0.5 dl. of virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of thyme
- Salt to taste
- The sweet juice of two oranges
- In a pan with a little oil, fry the garlic, onion, pepper, mustard, butter, ginger, muesli, juice of oranges and soy meat.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes. Stir constantly and do not let it stick.
- Turn off and let stand a few minutes
- Serve hot.
Fruit Tart with muesli
Makes: 5 servings
Ingredients for the dough:
- 160gr of muesli
- 80g of white flour
- 80g of butter (reserving 10g for pan)
- 60g of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 250g of cheese
- 450g of various fruits (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, peach)
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Brown sugar to taste
- Put the dough ingredients and beat with a whisk.
- Grease a pan with butter.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 15 min.
- Preheat to 180 º C.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and put it to rest on a mold.
- Meanwhile shred fresh cheese and put it in or bowl along with assorted fruit, orange blossoms, vanilla and sugar to taste.
- Mix and integrate very well all ingredients.
- Spread the dough on greased pan and bake for 15 min.
- Remove and let stand. Then place over the filling and put back one or two minutes in the oven
- Remove and wait for it to cool. Serve cold.
Donuts with muesli
- 250 grams of muesli
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams of wheat flour
- 200 g of lard
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- The zest of one lemon
- 1 egg, sugar and cinnamon to the end
- In a bowl beat butter and brown sugar.
- Incorporate then 2 eggs, lemon zest, cinnamon and flour.
- When all is well kneaded, add the muesli.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator wrapped in a filter for one hour.
- Then roll the dough, leaving 1 cm thick.
- Cut the dough with a pastry cutter.
- Varnish with egg and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 200 º C.
- Enter donuts and lower the temperature to 180 º C.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Remove and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.