Aroma of fresh, strong, sweet; mint is a stimulant herb with purifying virtues, very versatile, and of which there are many varieties. In the kitchen is often used to dress vegetables such as beans, cucumbers, peas, eggplant, etc., but it can be flavor many desserts, drinks, sweets, and smoothies. Very used in Chinese, Indian, Iranian, Vietnamese cooking.
Mint combines well with basil, dill, parsley and ginger, is digestive and fights bad breath, do not abuse it because it can cause insomnia. In the kitchen, adding an ingredient like that is a very special touch to meals.
- 1 / 4 l. of mint liqueur
- a teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of water
- Cook mint liqueur in a saucepan over medium heat. In a bowl, dilute the cornstarch in the water.
- Mix with the liquor and cook until it has thickened slightly.
Prawns and zucchini at the mint
- 3 large zucchini (700 g)
- 250g of prawns
- 250 dl of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of oil and 50 g of butter
- 1 large onion, fresh
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 200 ml of cream
- Fresh Mint or mint leaf and Laurel
- salt and white pepper
- Wash the zucchini under cold water and cut the ends, with a peeler, cut the skin lengthwise, forming white and green stripes (three times is sufficient).
- Cut each log into four pieces and empty each with a spoon (without removing too much flesh, giving form of bowl). Reserve the pulp.
- Cook the stems for five minutes to keep them cool and well aware of the grid, put salt and pepper and add a bit of soft butter. Reserve.
- Wash and peel the prawns, cut tail and put them to cook with wine, shells and heads with a bay leaf and salt. Boil five minutes. Crush or grind with a mortar to crush the heads well and strain the broth.
- Meanwhile, put one minute tail shrimp in a skillet with oil; add salt and pepper and keep in a separate dish.
- Finely chop the onion and mint, cook it into the pan with oil to skip the prawns over a low flame, when transparent add the flesh of the zucchini and nut butter, and crush with a fork until the appearance of puree. Mix with the prawns, remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, reduce the wine and broth, add the tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in the cream. Try salt and let thicken, beat continuously with mild heat (or water bath). Fill each log with prawns and zucchini puree and place on a greased baking dish. Put seafood sauce and heat in oven pre-tempered at low heat.
- Serve in individual dishes with a mint leaf on top and threads of seafood sauce.
- 1 layer of cake dough
- 400 grams of cheese (curd)
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr of brown sugar
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- Sugar glass
- Spread the dough with the roller breeze and line a mold of some 22 cm in diameter. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake in preheated oven at 170 º C, 10 minutes.
- While dough is cooking breeze in the oven, grate with a cheese grater on large holes of a ball, also adding 200 gr. sugar. Mix well.
- Whisk the eggs and add to bowl along with the previous 12 fresh mint leaves, washed, dried and finally cut. Blending well together so it all blended.
- With this cream, put in the prepared tart put back into the oven 20-25 minutes until golden. Decorate to taste with fresh mint leaves and sugar glaze.
- 6 egg whites
- 200 d.c. of Cream
- 14 gr. of Gelatin
- 200 d.c. of Mint liqueur
- 250 gr. of Sugar
- bulk chocolate, grated
- Dissolve gelatin in mint liqueur. Heat to simmer.
- Beat the white peaks along with the sugar, add the liqueur with the mint jelly, cream buttermilk and ½ grated chocolate.
- Dump on a Savarin mold coated in olive oil. Freeze.
- Lubricate before serving.
Cold dessert of figs and mint
- 110 gr of sugar
- fruit of the forest (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries ...)
- 10 ripe figs
- skin and juice of 4 green lemons
- 1 handful of fresh mint and basil
- 10 ripe bananas
- 1 vanilla pod
- Wash and defoliate the mint and basil leaves and cut into fine strips. Reserve. Cut peeled bananas in dice and reserve in a bowl with the skins, the juice of lemons and green strips of mint and basil.
- Take to the refrigerator. Besides, boil 1 liter of water with sugar and vanilla pod in half and cut the stems of the mint. When it begins to boil, remove from heat, cover, cool and move to the refrigerator.
- Mix cold soup with mint-lemon mixture of bananas and figs, peeled and cut into thin slices. This dish should be consumed very cold and should be prepared well in advance.