Being depressed is a state that is manifested a lot in these days; it seems that it is something that is "in". But this feature should not detract importance to depression itself, which is a disease state. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the term "depression" does not exist, but we can say that it is related to the concept of YU ZHENG or depressive syndrome.
A little history ...
To understand why the Chinese have not developed depression in an autonomous way in the medical system, simply move to its cultural context. According to the principles of Confucius, externalizing emotional problems in public was wrong.
An unconscious censorship appeared for centuries trying to prevent the opening of the "evil being." Therefore, Orientals somatize their psychological problems through a Bi syndrome, a lack of balance between one or the other, an imbalance in one of the viscera, Meridian ... If the body shows clearly a mismatch, you may be suffering from "depression." But a simple material life, a family structure more closed, this spiritual life, censorship of Confucius latent, are less common.
Mismatches of somatic point attempt metabolize derangement of the person to enable processing, maturity, life cycle process. Are resources used by Shen to achieve a good position to fulfill the mandate celestial (Ming). Effective practice of traditional Chinese medicine must accompany the internal movements of change to accelerate the positive development.
Thus, ZHENG YU etiology responds to the following:
1. Liver Blockage: one of the major consequences of excessive refolding of HUN (momentum for action) is that its initial upward movement may be insufficient, an aspect that stands the liver Qi. Depression is a derivative of an inner rage that results from an excessive desire to control that blocks hepatic vital, necessary for the outward movement of the generator Shen optimism, harmony and happiness.
2. Heart and Spleen insufficiency. Spleen failure implies a lack of Ying Yi - Qi Nourishing difficulties, causing problems of adaptation to the environment and an inability to resolve conflicts growing daily. Reflection, in this case, becomes an obsession and restlessness. We must not forget that the Spleen is the origin of the changes.
3. Blood / Heart Yin insufficiency. All Earth movement disorder has physical and psychological impact. When the Spleen Qi is insufficient, the genesis of Blood as well.
4. Heart and kidneys that do not communicate. The heart and kidneys form the vertical axis of the human being. The problems arise from the break between Shen Zhi-Fire and Water. Water (Yin) Kidney does not control the fire (Yang) Heart and Shen Yang cannot reheat Renal. If the Shen is not controlled by Zhi dispersed, it is consumed.
5. Kidney Yang insufficiency. The Zhi is the strength of character, the determination of the individual to fulfill the mandate of heaven. The Kidney Yang Zhi pushes. If there is not enough, the will is weakened and with it, impulsiveness, the constancy of the individual. Is the reduction of the objectives, desires, expectations. In this type of manifestation of depression, the subjects took refuge in dreams, to avoid dealing with reality that does not raise any interest and avoid loss of Qi and Yang. Such individuals never have a clear and well defined project.
Blocking of fire Qi become:
- Bloating and chest pain
- Distension and pain in hypochondria
- Acid regurgitation, heartburn
- Bitter taste
- Dry throat
- Urine scanty and Red
- Red Eye
- Pulse tense
- Unlock the Liver
- Eliminate Fire
- Meridians Liver-Gall Bladder, Stomach
2H or 3H-14H-34VB-36E-25E-8PC-6PC-6B
- Heat in palms and soles
- Lumbar soreness and knee
- Altered menstrual cycle
- Red tongue with little fur
- Rapid pulse
- Yin Toning
- Eliminate Fire
- Calm the Heart
- Heart-Kidney Meridian
- Shu dorsal
- Excessive meditation and concern
- Dull side
- Abdominal distension
- Pale tongue, hypertrophic
- Thready-weak pulse
- Strengthen the Spleen
- Benefit Qi
- Xue Tone
- Spleen-Stomach Meridians
- Heart-Spleen Shu
Source: College of TCM - Guang An Men Clinics