Whole grains have great virtues for health and beauty because of its large supply of nutrients such as folic acid, magnesium, iron and potassium. They are rich in dietary fiber and good friends of all diets to stay young and healthy. In the kitchen, they can be used in a myriad of ways: in soups, stews, water and especially in the preparation of bread, cookies and crackers.
Here we share some recipes to keep you fit and young:
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup of whole corn meal
- 1, 5 cups of regular flour
- Mix the two flours, brown sugar (if you are using honey, wait), then with salt and butter. Stir well and then add the milk and honey in case of use. The dough should be very smooth, knead until you see it with a proper texture.
- Extend the dough and with a cooking cutter or knife, cut doing the forms we like or simply cut into strips and then into squares. We put the pieces on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 180 º.
Anise and sesame cookies
- 1.5 kg of wheat flour
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of roasted aniseed
- 30 g of baker's yeast or 3 bags of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Mix well for a long time and make a hard dough with your hands. After that time, pass through the blender and make broad bars of 1 or 2 cm long and 1 cm thick.
- Place on tray to put in the oven, having floured tray previously and take it to the oven for 10 to 15 min. Let cool before cutting into small slices of 1 mm thick. Put them back on the tray and brown over medium heat in the oven. These cookies can be stored in airtight jars.
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of milk
- Raisins and/or walnuts (optional) instead of coconut
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, sugar and coconut.
- Add eggs, oil and milk.
- Stir well to form a compact dough.
- Using a spoon, place portions of the mixture into a greased baking sheet with butter.
- Preheat oven and bake approx. 20 minutes until browned.
- 3 cups of soy flour
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 100 grams of ground peanuts
- 100 grams of ricotta
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix all ingredients and add a little water until you get stiff dough. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Then, stretch the dough until it is half-inch thick and form the cookies. Bake over high heat for 20 minutes, let cool and serve.
- 1/4 kg. of butter
- 200 grams of brown sugar or honey
- 1 egg
- 450 gr. of whole corn flour
- Melt butter at room temperature.
- Then add sugar or honey and mix until you get a dough. Then add the egg and mix again. Finally, pour the corn flour and mix again until fully absorbed. Knead well and spread, shaping cookies.
- Brush them with beaten egg and garnish with a lemon zest, nuts or raisins and put on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 180 degrees about 12 or 15 minutes, depending on their thickness.